Getting frustrated! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting frustrated! Getting frustrated!

Unread 08-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Getting frustrated!

Hi all well here I am again its 12:22 pm and cant sleep fell asleep around 9-9:30 and end up waking back up around 11-12 and spend a fews hours awake on the compute or watching tv till Im exhausted and fall back to sleep. Took some pain meds but getting very frustrated with this sleeping disorder since surgery will it get better I cant be up like this during the nighttime when I go back to work at the end of September. Anyhow just getting sleep deprived and frustrated. have a family picnic tomorrow and really dont feel like being around lots of family so will be putting on the happy happy face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Getting frustrated!

I still have trouble sleeping. I do a lot of work at home so I am lucky.
I haven't tried any meds. You should ask your doctor if you should try an over the counter sleeping aid. I hope it gets better for ya!
Unread 08-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Getting frustrated!

Please talk to your doctor about taking an OTC sleep aid or consider asking him or her to prescribe something to help you. Sleep is so very important for healing....your body, and your mind, underwent a controlled form of trauma less than three weeks ago and is still in the process of healing...inadequate sleep may delay that process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Getting frustrated!

while you are recovering you might consider limiting your caffeine intake. Right now your physical activity is minimal and you are not in your normal routine so IF you are taking in your normal amounts of caffeine you are not burning it up.

I had to stop all caffeine after 12 noon, this included coffee, tea and sodas. I was having a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep but once I stopped the caffeine I haven't had any poblems.
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Getting frustrated!

I too am having trouble sleeping, up around midnight, then up again at 4:30 then again around 6:00. drinking lots of water and cranberry juice but not alot of caffiene right now. aaug, hopefully this will level out as it gets further away from surgery. ps. notice these are about the times nurses aides did rounds at hospital, so maybe I am on their schedule lol.
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:43 AM
Getting frustrated!

Hi there,

Seems many of us have the sleep problems after surgery and I still have the odd night. I have found getting up and browsing the net helps. So instead of lying there tossing and turning I get up and it usually only takes 30mins to an hour and I'm easily able to get back to sleep but should I try resisting I can lie there for hours. It does get better with time however for many of us we seem to have a little residual effect.

I do hope you get your sleep pattern back and that your recovery is going well.

Take care........Karen
Unread 08-26-2007, 05:33 AM
Getting frustrated!

your body cant heal properly without sleep. please consider calling your dr to prescribe something like lunesta or ambien. nothing is fun when youre sleep deprived
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Getting frustrated!

I was also having problems sleeping. Fall asleep for a few hours, then up for few hours and then starting all over again. The last two nights I have finally slept all night without waking up. So it will come.

However, YarnAddict is right about the caffeine. Try to stop drinking or eating anything with caffeine earlier in the day. (And this is coming from a coffee addict, who prior to surgery could drink a pot of coffee right before bedtime and still have no problem sleeping!! Can't do that any more).

You might also try drinking a cup of Sleepy Time tea or Chamomile tea (neither has caffeine). My DD has a hard time going to sleep and she started drinking a cup of one or the other and it has really helped her. She also got me to drink a cup when it's late and I don't feel tired. It has worked.
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Getting frustrated!

Called my doc when I was having that problem and she recommended Benadryl. Does work, but I have to take two. Really wore myself out last night and was able to sleep without it, but was awake after only 5 hours. I have a hard time even getting to sleep, and then I usually wake up after 2-3 hours. I go back to work Monday, so am trying to get as much sleep this weekend as possible!!!! Told family today I was going to be lazy for the rest of the day, so they are forwarned!
Unread 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Getting frustrated!

I was having the same sleeping for 2 hours then back up. I talked to my dr and he gave me some samples to try. It is Lunesta 2mg and it really helps and I do not feel groggy the next day. I tried OTC and I was so tired the next day. I would talk to your drs and see if they can get you something.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register