Surgery tomorrow 3/13 and getting nervous...any fellow sisters? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow 3/13 and getting nervous...any fellow sisters? Surgery tomorrow 3/13 and getting nervous...any fellow sisters?

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Surgery tomorrow 3/13 and getting nervous...any fellow sisters?

I feel like tomorrow is the first day of my new life. Scared and exicted at the same time. I know I won't be coming home till around Friday afternoon, the Uro/gyn wants to take out the catheter Friday morning and then do sonograms everytime I go #1 to check risidual fluid...as long as it get's less I will be able to go home.

C~ sorry things are crummy for you today. Just take it easy and take care of yourself the rest will be okay. I should follow my own advise, I am almost done cleaning...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:17 AM

Nicole,
Stay strong - be well. Hope all goes well with the surgery. See you on the sunnier side. Sending you warm thoughts.
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:37 AM

GOOD LUCK LADIES, I am a bit behind you, but wanted to wish you all we.. as I am feeling the same and just wanting it to be the day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:39 AM

Nicole, I just wanted to wish you all the best tomorrow and may God Bless you with a quick recovery.
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:43 AM

Thanks everyone! I can't believe tomorrow is the day, I have been waiting since Dec 20th!! Good luck to everyone else that is still waiting.
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM

Best of luck to all you ladies in waiting! Everyone says it - and it's true - the waiting really is the hardest part.

For what it's worth, here's my revelation: about halfway through bowel prep the afternoon before surgery, I realized there was nothing more I could do other than relax. Seriously. No more last-minute errands, no more spring cleaning. It's just you, your rumbly tummy, and a good book enjoying some quality time together in the bathroom for several hours.

And I swear it was a strangely liberating moment. Really. Because despite everything I'd been obsessing about getting done, at that moment there was literally nothing much else I could do.

So If you've still got some time, slack off and pamper yourself a bit. Or at the very least, take a few deep breaths and try to relax.

Hope you all enjoy a speedy recovery!
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:25 PM

It's 10:30pm and I finally stopped....I am on my bed waiting till midnight so I can take my last pain med. Everything is ready....even me.

Thanks to all the ladies that have enriched my life during this part of the walk. I will report back soon!!!
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:50 PM

I know I am getting nervous too. I'm having an LSH the 14th at 9:15 am. I have to be there at 7:45 am. I have a bowel prep as well as a heavy course of antibiotics, antifungals, and reglan. I've already got my gatorade chilling. I'm making jello in the morning and finishing cleaning the house. The laundry is almost all done. I also have to pack an overnight bag just in case. Starting noon I am only allowed to have clear liquids. I drink 1/2 a bottle of phosphosoda at 4 then the other half at 8. I had my pre-anesthesia stuff done today. I have to call surgery tomorrow to make sure they didn't change my time.

My parents will be coming here tomorrow to help with the kids so hubby can be with me.

Good Luck with your surgery. I will see you on the other side!
Unread 03-13-2008, 12:48 AM

Wishing you best of luck. I didn't do much around the house just couldn't get into a real cleaning mode. had to leave home early to get the kids dropped off at inlaws. then drive 2 hours for preop start doing poopy prep. Potty breaks are slowing down just before no more drinks Thank God we desided to stay by the hospital. See you on the other side
Unread 03-13-2008, 01:11 AM

Gl ladies!!
Hope your recovery goes as well as it should, we are all diff.
TC, dawn

your almost there!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register