Surgery Date - 2 Months From Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Date - 2 Months From Today Surgery Date - 2 Months From Today

Unread 10-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Surgery Date - 2 Months From Today

I wish so that my surgery were to be sooner, but I too have responsibilities that I must arrange for coverage for..I am caregiver for a 92 yr old and cook for him. He has daughters that will come to do most of the heavy work while I recover, but I don't fee good about having others prepare food for him (my territory?) so I will have to get busy and cook and freeze. I also have a full-time job, so there are arrangements to make there as well. It's all this pre-planning that makes the anxiety level rise. My pain is only bad a few days each month, but I've bled for the past 155 days...heavy, too. Still have q's for the MD and will probably schedule an apt just to confront these issues and will probably feel better after that. We plan a lap total - but I am having second thoughts about the ovaries and cervex...My sexlife has been nil for the past year or so do to the bleeding, but I did enjoy a good time in years past, and would like to entertain the idea of such after the 'big event'....thanks for the chance to vent....
Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Surgery Date - 2 Months From Today

Have they checked your iron levels? Bleeding that heavy & long you might have low iron. Are you taking an iron supplement? Or eating iron foods...ie spinach, red meat?
Unread 10-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Iron Is Ok

My iron levels are fine; I am a chef and well versed on the iron-rich foods that I have to keep eating. My Md is constantly amazed that I'm not having more problems, but a really good diet can make a big difference! Thanks for your post - Sara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register