Hyst. soon and looking for a friend... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst. soon and looking for a friend... Hyst. soon and looking for a friend...

Unread 12-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Hyst. soon and looking for a friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannkieft
I got the news a few days ago that a complete hys. has to be done. I only have one ovary left because of severe endo. so it should be less to take out They recently diagnosed me with CN III and IV dysplasia of the cervix, which made me a prime candidate for the surgery, along with fibroids and endo and all of that good stuff.

Does anyone else have a hyst. scheduled for around this time (Dec. 12)? I would love a buddy to kind of "go through this" with. Very scared and it is hard to find friends/family that can totally relate.
I thank God every day for this truly amazing site...thank you everyone!
LeAnn
Hello I am from Ohio and am having my hyst. on Thursday, Dec. 8. I too am getting nervous, but I find my self praying for those around me. I would love to have some would understand, what I feal like to email. Hang in there. When I get home, I will think of you, if you will think of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2005, 06:18 AM

The waiting is truly the hardest part! A dear friend of mine told me to take things 5 minutes at a time prior to my surgery. It seemed to helped and I wasn't feeling so overwhelmed by things. I too worried about the people around me. My DH and my two DD's! I wondered how they were going to manage without me! I was pleasantly surprised that they were wonderful! I worried for nothing!

Once the surgery is over, you will feel a great sense of relief! I promise!

I will be thinking of you and hope that you will keep us posted once you get home!

Sending you a big !
Unread 12-05-2005, 06:26 AM

Hi, Best Wishes to you! I wish you a sucessful surgery and a speedy recvovery. You are definitely in the right place for support... all the sisters are wonderful. Take good care and try not to worry! Melanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2005, 07:18 PM

Leann, always remember all your sisters are here to support you. I know what you're going through. Always remember you're sisters are here always. I pray that you be comforted in the time of fear, positive things will happen to you from today on and I pray for a safe and speedy recovery. You can always count on your sisters. God bless!
Unread 12-06-2005, 09:03 PM

Hi fellow Michigander! I live south of Flint, Highland, Milford area. Hopefully I will be home from the Hosp. before you go in, but if I am not good luck! We will both feel better soon. Patty
Unread 12-07-2005, 07:19 AM

Mine surgery is Monday too. This site has been a wonderful sanity check for me. Lets stay in touch and compare notes. Although guess it will depend on how often we can get to our computers. Ha!
Best of luck to us on Monday! Everyone keeps telling me that I won't believe how much better I'm going to feel after this is over.
We can think of one another Monday morning and realize, there is someone else out there going through the exact same emotions!
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:08 PM

Hi there! TOday was the day of your surgery, and i wish you the best recovery ever! I will continue to pray for you, and hope you know you are not alone in this...take care and take one day at a time, girl!
best,
LeAnn
Unread 12-08-2005, 04:17 PM

hey there we are going in the exact same day! I am also having a hysterectomy but leaving ovaries. I have had 5 periods within a 30 day time and plus all my other problems it is due time. I would love to chat if you wanna.
Unread 12-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Good luck all, sending good healing thoughts. Just found this site, which is great. I am going in next week, doing a lot of reading about other's experiences.

I am also getting my knee scoped to repair a torn meniscus. I figured if I was laid up for 4 weeks, might as well get it all done at the same time.

I am getting a bit nervous about the surgery though (the knee will be a peice of cake) Reading about loss of sex drive, and loss of the 'big o's' is kind of frightening for me. The bloating, constipation...a lot of little bits of everything! I am starting to stress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register