4 1/2 weeks Pain in Abdomin and Down Leg? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 1/2 weeks Pain in Abdomin and Down Leg? 4 1/2 weeks Pain in Abdomin and Down Leg?

Unread 05-13-2006, 07:51 PM
4 1/2 weeks Pain in Abdomin and Down Leg?

Hi Everyone
I am 4 1/2 weeks post op and I have felt great until the last 3 days. I am experiencing a lot of pain in my abdomin and along my incision. I am also experiencing pain down my legs and it is almost like a circulation problem in my legs and feet. I started lifted my 25 pound baby last week for the first time and was doing okay until Thursday. I put him in his car seat and felt something pull on my right side. I have a warm sensation inside my belly. Almost like a liquidy feeling..hard to explain. Has anyone had this sensation. I getting a little nervous and I don't know if my anxiety is just getting the best of me. I still have bowel problems. Not have movements as normal.. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2006, 09:42 PM

Hi skram70
I'm sorry you're hurting like this. It isn't unusual to have pains on and off as you heal, but this one sounds to me like something you should call and ask about just to be safe. Since it is new, severe and came as the result of something you know could cause damage I really think you should call your dr and get his/her input on it.
It really is too soon for you to be lifting your baby. Be sure to tell the dr what you did and ask if that is allowed for you at this point. I had some pain down my legs a few times from over doing it. I hadn't done anything permanent but I was further out than you. I hope your dr will check out this warm sensation too. Taking it nice and easy would be wise. See if resting helps the pain. Please call and let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Unread 05-13-2006, 10:09 PM

Hi Skram. It sounds as if you might have pulled something internally, especially since you can associate the beginning of the pains with the lifting. I would definitely give my dr. a call and just let him/her know what happened. Also, get those legs up for the rest of today and tomorrow and try to avoid lifting anything over 5 lbs. I know how hard that is with the baby, but this will give your body a little time to heal. Let us know how it goes with the dr. Thinking of you and sending a big HUG!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register