libido is still nill! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

libido is still nill! libido is still nill!

Unread 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
libido is still nill!

Had my surgery on april 13th!here i am over a month later and still no interest in sex!is that normal?is there anything natural that i can take to help?if anyone can answer my questions?please do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Re: libido is still nill!

Did you have your cervix removed? My doctor told me that if I had my cervix removed I would experience a low libido. I already before the surgery suffered from dryness so I didn't want to take the chance of having low to no desire for sex.

I hope someone can chime in and give you some positive information to help you get pass this.

Pamela
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:23 PM

Hate to be a party pooper but are you sure you're cleared to have sex? My doctor told me not to even think about it for 2 months minimum. Maybe your lack of libido stems from a fear of having physical consequences - l was terrified of 'ripping' - a little irrational I know but after two operations I wasn't taking any chances! We took it very slowly and carefully and all is well!
I guess my advice is don't rush it! Your body will know when it's ready and hopefully everything will click into place

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are having libido problems. I'm sure it is very frustrating. I wanted to mention that your cervix does not play any part in your libido. It is more of a hormonal issue. While it is true that some women have a change in the way sex feels after they have their cervix removed, removing it does not affect your sex drive.

Did you keep your ovaries? I see that your profile still says undecided. If you had them removed, you may need to be on some sort of HRT. Even if you kept your ovaries, it is possible that they are not functioning correctly and you may still want to discuss HRT with your doctor. I am no expert, that is for sure so I do not know if there are any natural supplements that could help you with this.

It could also be that you just simply aren't ready yet. It has only been a little over a month. You would be surprised how much mental preparation you need to do before resuming sex. I thought I was ready since it had been so long, but when I was first released, I was terrified...therefore didn't want to try it. Even when I did finally decide to give it a go, I had lubrication issues. I thought for sure it was hormonal and that I was going to be one of the unlucky women who suffered from sexual dysfunction....but it turns out, I was just scared. My mind wasn't ready, so it was telling my body that it wasn't ready either.

Talk to your let him/her know what is going on and see what they think. I would tend to think it is a combination of hormone imbalance and just a little too soon for you, but like I said, I am no expert. Give your doc a call. That is what they are there for, so never be afraid to bring anything up. They have already heard it all!

to you. I hope it is a simple fix and you can get back to normal very soon. I know it is frustrating, but try to be patient with yourself.

Sending you positive thoughts and
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM

I wasn't cleared for sex until 8 weeks and then I waited another week. I was really nervous and worried that it would be painful. The first two times I did spot and cramped some, but now it's actually better than before surgery. Definitely talk to your doctor and take his advice. You may need some HRT or you may just need some time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register