Eight weeks post-op - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eight weeks post-op Eight weeks post-op

Unread 09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Eight weeks post-op

Yah, butterfly, I have a whole wardrobe of them!!! LOL! I suppose they have prolly saved my life at one time or another since I seem to form clots for some unknown reason (multiple clots, multiple pulmonary embolisms, lots of tests, no answers, coumadin therapy for life!) I wear them when I travel and at least 3 days a week to work.

Even though I make fun of them (they are a definite fashion faux pas!), they really do help my legs. I am a teacher and spend a lot of time standing on hard concrete floors. When I wear my stockings - no swelling. When I don't, my ankles and calves puff up like a blowfish.

I also have a pretty pair of those orthopedic shoes that I wear with them some days. Yeah - nothing like orthopedic shoes, compression stockings, and a cute 24 year old teacher next door to make me feel old. (I am only 47!!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Eight weeks post-op

Oh and for all of my systers who are wearing itchy stockings - wash them and use fabric softener. It's probably the fabric sizing (used in all new fabrics) making them itchy. Mine are soooooo comfy! HA!

Need any other advice about stockings, just ask me, your friendly compression stocking know-it-all! LOL!!!!
Unread 09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Eight weeks post-op

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you the best part of wearing stockings. - They are great for sweeping the hardwood floors or collecting pet hair off of the furniture. They are my personal dust bunny magnets. Don't know why, EVERYTHING sticks to them.

So, systers, until you are cleared to push the sweeper, just put your stockings to use and take a little walk through the house. Your floors will gleam! Then toss them into the wash for tomorrow!

But a word of caution - they are very slick on the bottom! I kicked off my shoes under the coffee table. When I got up to answer the phone, well, let's just say, it's a good thing there was a breakfast bar to stop the momentum or - zoom! to the moon!!! To this day, I still don't know who had called. The phone never got answered, but the whole family got a lot of laughs over it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Eight weeks post-op

And who can forget going to the potty in the cute little airplane latrines. I was so afraid that I would get that blue toilet stuff on my stockings, but the real problem occurred when there wasn't enough room to bend over and pull the darn, too tight things back up my long, long legs (I'm 5'9")!!!

Bumped my head over and over. Tried standing, tried sitting, tried lifting one leg to the stool. I'm pretty sure the flight attendant thought someone was getting something in there and was surprised when no one followed me out! LOL!

Gosh, I just wanted to get rid of the droopy crotch, but I was fortunate to get them pulled past my knees!!! (Little steps through the airport, DH! Slow down honey! OOOHHHH, I think I'm chafing! Honey? Honey? Where are you?)

Someone stop me, stop me please!!!!!

Who started this thread anyway?
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Eight weeks post-op

"everywhere women are raving about Solidea® Italian therapeutic hosiery"

Real ad for compression hosiery! Yeah - I'm raving...
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Eight weeks post-op

I actually never had to use the white stockings, which was great because they are so annoying. The hospital I had my surgery in had this machine that massaged my calfs for 24 hours post op. It was pretty cool....
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Eight weeks post-op

Oh zeegrl, you poor thing, you just don't know what you are missing!!!!
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Eight weeks post-op

stonebo, you have made my day!! I've truly enjoyed this thread today. Im so glad that you luvvvvv your stockings as much as I luvvvvvv mine. But Im only wearing them at night
Unread 09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Eight weeks post-op

smonroe, you are invited to join me in my endeavor to make compression stockings the new fashion craze - maybe a little boutique offering them in a wide variety of fashion colors and patterns. Hmmm - Scottish kilt? Faux fishnet? Leaping leopard? Believe me, I'll patent a pair of "slipper" stockings with the little sticky bottoms!

I think I'll call the boutique - "A Little Squeeze," or "Stockings 'r Us."

We could go international! HA!
Unread 09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Eight weeks post-op

I thought most hospitals used the pumping devices. I had the stocking years ago, but I felt so at ease with the pumping on the legs when I had my hysterectomy. I knew the blood was moving, felt good about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register