bleeding again..calling doc 4 sure! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding again..calling doc 4 sure! bleeding again..calling doc 4 sure!

Unread 09-25-2005, 11:16 PM
bleeding again..calling doc 4 sure!

Well, it happened again. Hubby and I had some "alone time" early this morning. Then I headed to Walmart around lunch time to get some supplies for a b-day party we had this afternoon.

Well, I go to the bathroom at the store and low and behold I bled again. This is the 2nd or 3rd time.

I am currently about 4 1/2 months post op. After reading everything about silver nitrate I'm thinking that may be what I need.

I'm taking a day off this week so I'm calling surgeon's office to see if they can get me in soon.

Having trouble with the big "O" for the first time also. It was fine after surgery but now just can't quite get there (for the first time in 20 years)...I'm thinking it may be a new antidepressant I'm on. Gonna ask doc about that too.

Just wanted to ask for your prayers. Thanks for listening.

lynn39
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 04:55 AM

Hi! Yes do go to the Dr., it does sound like you may have a issue with granulation. As you have learned from the other sisters, granulation tissue can be taken care of in the office. I was in surgery on Wednesday, at 4 months post op due to a granuloma that had to be surgically removed. I never had a day that was not painful from sex and then I started to bleed every time even though hubby didn't go full penetration. I kept telling my Dr. something was wrong at 8 1/2 weeks and he kept saying "give it time". I finally put my foot down and went in around 13 weeks and he found a granuloma on my vaginal cuff. Surgery was a piece of cake and I wish I had had it sooner! A granuloma is a inflammatory growth composed of granulation tissue. I hope you find a answer and it is taken care of promptly and smoothly! Take care!
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:13 AM

Don't you hate that? We are supposed to be done with bleeding!!! Akk! I would call the Dr you probably do have some granulation. Wish my bleeding was caused by granulation and he could fix it. He said mine was due to lack of estrogen. Take care and hope you get it figured out real quick. Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I called the doctor today. They would have seen me today but since I have taken tomorrow off I asked about coming in tomorrow and they said fine. She said I "definitely" needed to come in and get checked. (I have had a burning sensation all day today as well).

Anyway, at least I will know something tomorrow afternoon. I will keep you all informed.

Oh, and I had never heard of a granuloma....thanks for the info.

lynn39

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register