1 week post hysterectomy: Fainting Spells | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post hysterectomy: Fainting Spells 1 week post hysterectomy: Fainting Spells

Unread 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM
1 week post hysterectomy: Fainting Spells

I am a week post op, and since Thursday, the 14th, I have been having really bad dizzy/fainting spells. I loss complete eye sight and have to hold on to something or I will fall. I can hear everything around me, but I go completely blind for aproximately 6 to 7 seconds. Is this a side effect of the surgery? Pain meds? Or just a coincedence?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Re: Fainting Spells

You probably need to call your doctor! Have you had any bleeding maybe your iron is low?
Unread 05-19-2015, 09:35 PM

It could be a lot of things. Your body goes through a lot with this surgery, no matter what method you had done.
Are you making sure your hydrated?
Maybe try some pedialyte for electrolytes.
Also look into a good multivitamin since this surgery takes a lot out of you.
That all being said, you should mention it to your doctor since its never good to be fainting. Get a general blood panel done to see if theres something your low on.
Keep posting your progress and hope you get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2015, 12:13 AM

I had this but broke out in a sweat and got nauseous with it. I lost a litre of blood and had 2 transfusions in hospital. Do you know if you're anemic or not? I have really low BP normally so that doesn't help. I'm 90/60 but after surgery was often 70's/40-50's. Going from laying to sitting and sitting to standing can drop your BP too so go slow. You need to keep you fluids up so lots of water. Do you have other symptoms? Be sure to inform your dr. It can just be recovery b/c your body is doing a lot of healing but good to rule out any problems.
Unread 05-20-2015, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismo7 View Post
I am a week post op, and since Thursday, the 14th, I have been having really bad dizzy/fainting spells. I loss complete eye sight and have to hold on to something or I will fall. I can hear everything around me, but I go completely blind for aproximately 6 to 7 seconds. Is this a side effect of the surgery? Pain meds? Or just a coincedence?

I'm a week out and was following the fruit and vegetable diet I was told to follow for the intestinal part of recovery. After 5 days I could barely walk back and forth to the bathroom without almost passing out, and was always short of breath. I could feel my body craving protein and made my husband go get me some, it really helped. If you're doing the roughage diet, try that. Otherwise I'd call your doctor.
Unread 05-20-2015, 02:10 AM

I think no matter what you do, you need to call your doctor and let him/her know what is going on. I agree that you need to make sure you are well-hydrated and eating properly. Also, make sure to stand up slowly. Go from lying slowly to sitting. Stay there a few minutes. Then slowly stand and make sure you have a person or a wall or table to steady you for a few seconds before you try to walk. As I said, no matter what, let your doctor know. Keep us posted.
Unread 05-20-2015, 10:07 AM

For me the dizziness was caused by dehydration. I was told to drink 2 litres of fluid a day after I fainted because of it.
Unread 11-16-2015, 09:06 AM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy: Fainting Spells

Have been feeling light headed, hadn't fainted until this morning while walking dog Had TAH Nov 3rd 2015 and haven't felt bad except for lightheaded and constipation. Off to doctor in one hour!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register