Kind of Freaking out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kind of Freaking out! Kind of Freaking out!

Unread 12-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Kind of Freaking out!

I am so not a freaker outer. But last night in bed, all I could think about was my upcoming surgery. I am ready to have it done and feel better. But I was thinking of the pain afterwards, am I ready, (house clean, Christmas, kids, etc.) Have I read enough info on here, asked enough questions, etc. Should I have gotten a swelly belly band, don't really understand what that is for, I know that I will be puffy with air, but all of a sudden I feel so under informed. Sorry for the freak out, I was just wrapping Christmas gifts and had this major episode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Kind of Freaking out!

our minds like to overwhelm as at times. and that is ok.

you mental attitude is a big part of your recovery.

make lists as these things pop into your head -- that way you can either ask more question here -- or to your docotrs.

Sometimes it is not so much underinformed as it is over-informed.

Think about how the pain you have now is -- how do you deal with it? do you take lots of meds -- or drinka glass of wine to help? for me -- Ibuprophen was about all i needed -- there was not tons of pain -- discomfort yes -- pain -no -
did i have ltos of gas -- not really - ( and I did not have a swelly belly band ) but it probably would have felt good to have it .

Who really cares about how clean the hosue is -- make that your Christmas wish-- to have a maid once a week for 2 or 3 weeks -- let someone else vaccuum and dust.

Breathe and relax -- it all will be ok.
Unread 12-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Kind of Freaking out!

It is understandable to feel completely freaked out by your impending surgery. This time between now and surgery is for YOU. There will be questions which can be answered some on this site some with your gyn or at your pre op. I didn't have a swelly belly band and did just fine. Try to arrange some 'me' time ie a massage or swim or manicure or something. Arrange to have a friend on call so that if you you can talk it out with them. Big cyber hugs for your surgery Jane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Kind of Freaking out!

((HKC))

I am with you on the freaking out bit. I was just find until I started finishing up my cleaning. Now I am a bundle of nerves and debating the wonders of Xanax and if I should wait until bedtime or take the thing now!

I just try to remember these things:
We will make it, even if it does not seem like it now.
As women we are strong and can handle anything thrown our way.
Breath and take a hot shower/bath and have some "me" time. It really helps calm the racing heart.

Now here is a big and good thoughts your way,
Unread 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Kind of Freaking out!

Ladies waiting for the surgery is the worst part of the entire ordeal. I had my surgey on October 5, I cam e out of the hospital with no pain meds and only took 2 alleve the first night I was home. Gas can be an issue but if you take walks it should help you. Ask for some gas relief meds, they gave me mylanta in the hospital but I used GAS X at home. I was back in my jeans 2 weeks post surgery, my recovery was hampered only by the incision which decided to open on the left side, i did not have any pain I just needed to go to the doctor weekly to have it checked out and I had to clean it and apply neosporin 3 times a day. At week 7 we went on vacation and no one would have known I had surgery 7 weeks before.

Remember your attitude plays a major role in your recovery, my gyn/oncologist told me to do anything I wanted except lift stuff and to make sure I did not just lay around in bed when I got home, my gyn/surgeon told me to take it slower. I did not do anything major after surgery but the second week I was making hand dipped chocolates and cookies. I felt better standing and walking then I did sitting or laying around. Everyone is different listen to your body you will know what you can do. As for pain I really didn't have any once I was 36 hours post surgery.

Hang in there you are strong and will get through this!!!!!
Unread 12-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Kind of Freaking out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkorose
((HKC))

I am with you on the freaking out bit. I was just find until I started finishing up my cleaning. Now I am a bundle of nerves and debating the wonders of Xanax and if I should wait until bedtime or take the thing now!

I just try to remember these things:
We will make it, even if it does not seem like it now.
As women we are strong and can handle anything thrown our way.
Breath and take a hot shower/bath and have some "me" time. It really helps calm the racing heart.

Now here is a big and good thoughts your way,
Take it if you need it. It works pretty quickly. I'm taking Xanax before bed now instead of sleeping pills and it calms and helps me to relax.

Speckla

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register