One week post-op ~ any help would be appreciated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post-op ~ any help would be appreciated One week post-op ~ any help would be appreciated

Unread 05-12-2008, 09:59 AM
One week post-op ~ any help would be appreciated

I have absolutely no feeling anywhere around the incision..the only way I know I have to pee is the pressure I get...I developed an infection also...I was given avalox...and now have thrush...I can't eat everything tastes and smells so bad...I feel like something is rotting inside of me has anyone had this..I had a tah no ovaries no cervix left...I have lost about 13 pounds in 3 says all I can eat is plain ypogurt and water thats it any suggestion would be greatly appreciated..t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM

tmonte

I'm so sorry you're feeling rough right now but you're not alone and I hope some ladies will be along soon to share.

If you'd like to check out our <link> Post-Op Page, you'll find articles on numbness, urinary tract infections and yeast infections, etc ... which I hope will help.

Please don't hesitate to contact your doctor ~ at any time ~ if your symptoms don't improve, or you're at all concerned about anything.

Wishing you all the very best ~ take care!

Unread 05-12-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmonte
I have absolutely no feeling anywhere around the incision..the only way I know I have to pee is the pressure I get...I developed an infection also...I was given avalox...and now have thrush...I can't eat everything tastes and smells so bad...I feel like something is rotting inside of me has anyone had this..I had a tah no ovaries no cervix left...I have lost about 13 pounds in 3 says all I can eat is plain ypogurt and water thats it any suggestion would be greatly appreciated..t
You have been through a lot! My dr told me it's normal to still be numb at the incission area for up to a full year! I'm sorry about the infection you have and hope you are feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

At almost eight weeks post op, I still have only minimal feeling externally on my abdomen. It is a bit annoying. Every few days I notice a little improvement. My doc was pleased at my 6 week post-op visit and gave me the go ahead to return to all my regular activities. There are so many little things no one thinks to tell us when we prepare for this surgery. Thank goodness for this group of ladies!
Unread 05-12-2008, 05:10 PM

Things will get better. I though I hit rock bottom as well but it wasn't so bad after all. I will be coming up on my 9 week post op anniversary in two days. I still have no feeling between my belly button and my incision. I have read that it could take up to a year to get back the feeling if at all. I have also read cases that it may never come back. I had two bladder infections in the first six weeks and going into my 12th day I started leaking urine. I leaked urine for a week and couldn't leave the house without an adult diaper in place. I am only 32. How embarrising? Then I ended up with the stomach flu which caused me to throw up violently and dehydrate. I thought I was going to die. Now I am in a constant struggle with my weight. I had lost 40 pounds before the surgery and was doing well to meet my goals. Now I am tired all the time and diet and exercise seem to do nothing. I will loose a few pounds one week do the same thing and then end up gaining two pounds back. Very frustrating for me but I have decided that life is too precious to worry about the little stuff and I will continue to just plug away at how I am now. I guess my dr isn't expecting any miracles until I hit my six month marker so I am not holding my breath. Just enjoying everyday I am able to wake up pain free!!! Because the pain is now gone after my surgery and it is a breath of fresh air.
You'll get through this. It may seem like you won't but you will forge ahead to the next obstacle and this will just be a distant memory. Remember, it takes at least 6months to a year to feel 100%
Unread 05-12-2008, 05:54 PM

wow--that's alot. are you taking any medication for the thrush? milk products can be acidic and harsh on the mouth with thrush. you can find lists of alkaline foods on-line that might be easier to eat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register