Worried about upcoming surgery (endo patient) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about upcoming surgery (endo patient) Worried about upcoming surgery (endo patient)

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Worried about upcoming surgery (endo patient)

Hi,

I am glad I found this site. I will turn 46 in 6 weeks and have been battling gyno issues for the last 2 yrs. Last Dec. my OB/GYN did a laposcopic surgery to remove a large cyst on my left ovary and a small cyst on my right ovary too. When she got inside she quickly dx me with Endo and the cysts were both enodmetriomas. The endo was on my bladder and uterus too. She removed all of the endo she found and she also took out my left ovary and left tube. The cysts on my left side was a tangled gooey mass and she could not save the ovary and tube.

After my surgery last winter I had 1 normal period and then no periods for 5 months. 2 months ago I went to the ob/gyn for my yearly exam and I mentioned to her that my period had stopped and that I was having what appeared to be hot flashes. I have also gained 8 lbs in the last year and I am a super physically active lady who usually never gains weight. My new weight is all in my tummy and my waistline is out of control. I am 5'9" and usually weigh 142, but now I am up over 150 and I can not get the weight off no matter how much exercise and eating healthy I do.

In May at my annual exam my dr. did a blood test to see if I was in menopause and the lab work came back that indeed I was in menopause. 3 weeks ago I got what appeared to be my period and I had 3 days of the heaviest bleeding (normal red) I have ever experineced in my life. After the heavy flow stopped I had a dark brown spotting for 2 weeks and then WHAM last week I starting to have a very heavy red flow again for 3 days and now I am back to the brown spotting again. I went to see my ob/gyn today and reported the heavy bleeding and spotting for the last 3 solid wks. She ordered and internal US and the tech found a new cyst on my right ovary. After speaking with the dr. she suspects that the endo is back and that I am not a candidate for an ablation treatment b/c of the endo and I can not take progesterone b/c it makes me very ill feeling. Her and I discussed me having a hysterectomy and I went ahead and scheduled one for July 28th. My dr. did not push me into my decesion, but she went over many options and in the end it sounds like the other treatments will only put a bandage on my issues and in the end I will need to have a hysterctomy anyways.

I want to feel like my old self again. I am tired all the time and have started having anxiety attacks too. My libido has been in the bottom of the pit for over 2 years and I have constant back and lower tummy pain. I am sick of feeling like poo!

I own my own martial arts school and teach and train 5 days a week. I also ride my bike 3 times a week and power walk a few times each week. I WANT ME OLD BODY BACK!!! I am scared that having a hysterectomy will not help me. I want to make the right choice, but I am struggling with my upcoming surgical choice.

Thanks for reading my post, it feelks good to type out my feelings.

Lynne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Worried about upcoming surgery (endo patient)

Hi LynneKay.

I was 46 when I had my hyst also...and that was four years ago now. Would I do my hyst over?? In-a-second to have the quality of life I have now without heavy periods and fibroids.

I too am physically fit. I normally go to the gym 3-4 times a week. In pre-op living with fibroids, I had a poochy stomach I just could not get rid of...due to my fibroids. Today...no poochy stomach and it is also nice to walk by the feminine products section at the market and not have to plan 5 days or more a month around a horrible period. My hyst gave me my health back. I hope it will for you too.

In your profile, it shows you are having a TLH, a laparoscopic hyst. Your Dr. sounds well trained since it is a less invasive hyst. Generally, the recovery time for a less invasive hyst is shorter than with an abdominal hyst (TAH).

Best wishes~ We Hyster Sisters are here to help if we can...so please do not feel alone at any time.

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register