6 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding.... mini period? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding.... mini period? 6 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding.... mini period?

Unread 10-07-2016, 02:49 PM
6 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding.... mini period?

I am disappointed to seek blood when I went to bathroom earlier. Nothing heavy. It's light. But still I wanted to cry. I was hoping I'd be one to not have a period with a partial hysterectomy. I only had uterus removed. Now I hope I didn't make the wrong decision
Anyone else have a partial and have a period?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Re: 6 wks post and bleeding....mini period?

If you retained your cervix, you are likely to still experience "mini-periods". Didn't your doctor/surgeon discuss this with you?

Here is an article about it:https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_256483.htm
Unread 10-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Re: 6 wks post hysterectomy and bleeding....mini period?

It can happen because the cervix is actually the lower part of your uterus and it also has uterine lining. Surgeons cauterize it during the hysterectomy, but some can be missed. Most women find it's light, spotty and lasts only a few days. It might taper out after a few months on it's own, or your doctor could cauterize the remaining uterine lining still in your cervix. The article GPMS shared has the best info on the subject.

It doesn't mean you made the wrong decision, especially if you had your hysterectomy for something else that was making your life difficult. Talk to your doctor - the solution might be as simple as an in-office procedure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:03 PM
6 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding.... mini period?

He did say some woman do have a mini period and some that don't. I was praying I'd be the one that didn't. But now I regret it tremendously. I am on day three of light bleeding. I am one to NOT like pads or panty liners. I always used tampons but now I can't use them because I don't think I can wth light bleeding. It's not enough to use one safely. Also I have had terrible cramps today. It was radiating down my thighs and in my lower back and bottom. I want to cry. I wasn't expecting to be like this. I hate this. I just wish I would have got a total hysterectomy. It was confirmed that my uterus had Adenomyosis. So can my cervix possibly have it too??? Should my cervix be having such strong period cramps with no uterus? I am just so upset right now. I feel like I went through hell just to have a lighter period. I just pray that I don't have painful intercoarse still. We haven't done anything yet. Time will tell. If I do still have deep pain with sex and the period cramps, I did go through this for nothing. At least when I did bleed heavier, I could wear tampons. This just plain SUCKS!!!
Unread 10-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Re: 6 wee ks post hysterectomy and bleeding.... mini period?

If light bleeding is your only concern with tampons, you might want to look into a cup (like a Diva cup). You can use them for even the lightest of bleeding with no risk of TSS. You might want to check with your doctor first, I know I'm not supposed to put anything in there until week 8, but it might be different if you didn't have your cervix removed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register