6 weeks post-op and granular polyps | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post-op and granular polyps 6 weeks post-op and granular polyps

Unread 11-29-2005, 06:00 PM
6 weeks post-op and granular polyps

Has anyone ever been told that they have granular polyps after their hysterectomy. I had a vaginal hysterectomy. I did bleed alot after surgery and the Dr. put a vaginal drain for a couple of days. But after that everything slowed down and I stopped spotting around week 2. So around week three I started bleeding. I called and he said it was normal and probably was just stitches dissolving. But I kept on bleeding for another week and a half. So I called back and had to go see him. He examined me and said I have granular polyps. I never heard of them being in the vagina (polyps). I have to go and see him back in April and if they are still there he said he would put a medication on them, and if they still don't go away they would have to be removed. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM

HI there. Not sure if we had the same thing of not. Im 3.5 months post op. A few wks ago I had some bleeding after intercorse. It freaked me out. The doc found I had graulation, and treated it with silver nitrate. I went back a week later and he thinks he got it all.

I did have a bit of bleeding a couple days ago after sex as well, so im keeping a eye on it, and I may need to get another treatment of silver nitrate to clear it all up.

((HUGS))
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:35 AM

nlynn1 Thanks for getting back to me. I hope that it's just the same thing and it will go away. I figured after my hyst I would be done with problems down there!! I did read though on one site that there are granular tumors that are a rare cancer. So that makes me nervous. The only thing that makes me feel better is that I'm 6 weeks post op and if it was anything bad it hasn't been there long. I hope you make out fine with your problem and all is better soon. Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2005, 06:06 AM

dear faith hope i hope yo are feeling better im only 2 week post op and i started to bleed on day 10 so dissapointed as like you i thought all my bleeding problems i was suffering pre op would be over and done with asspecialy as i had a poylop pre op too, and now im bleeding again now i see no end to this , its so upsetting when people say you lucky thing no more bleeding if only they new the truth to all this eh, i do wish you well and hope it finally gets sorted for you , love coleen xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register