Post Op 2 months + | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op 2 months + Post Op 2 months +

Unread 11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Post Op 2 months +

I just want everyone to know that I have not only fully recovered--my hematocrit is 36.6 (w/o iron supplement) since surgery.

I'm back to boundless energy, a brain that can snap the answer in milliseconds, wonderful peacefulness w/o health concerns.

I'm lucky that I traveled to Boston for my day surgery. My body healed well, fast and totally. No ill effects at all.

Thought I should pass on the good word.

nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Post Op 2 months +

That's GREAT news Nancy!
I'm 4 weeks post -op tomorrow (LSH) and I'm glad to say that I don't think I've felt or looked better in years. My friends, family and clients have all commented on how healthy and 'refreshed' I look. Week 3 was my turning point. In spite of the fact that I lost a lot of blood and my uterus/fibroids were "the size of a small watermelon" (as described by dr on my last visit), my Dr is overjoyed with my progress and my blood counts shot up to levels I haven't seen in years, without supplements. I took a total of 3 pain pills, all on the first day home, then nothing since, not even an aspirin. And even though the first couple of times were frustrating, sex is now better than ever, pain free and deeply satisfying.

Yes, everyone is different and you shouldn't measure your recovery by someone elses but this goes two ways...There are many posts on the board that can can scare the you-know-what out of you if you read enough of them. Don't think that just because someone else is frustrated, unhappy or ailing, you will be also. I think it's important to know that many women recover without incedent and are able to move on with their lives quickly and happily regardless of which procedure they've had. Take care of yourself before and after your surgery, stop when you're tired or have had enough..you're entitled, put your feet up often, drink tons of water, take your vitamins and DO get out and do things when you feel good (and Dr says 'ok').

I wish everyone good health and happy lives.
Unread 11-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Post Op 2 months +

Playababe
Whoa! Sex at 4 weeks? What does LSH stand for? I'm glad to read something promising,I'm 3 weeks,4 days post-op.I had LAVH and I'm not sure what that stands for.Good luck with the rest of your healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2005, 07:07 AM
Post Op 2 months +

Kukui, hope lyour recovery is going well!

Actually it was sex at 3 weeks! LSH stands for Laproscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy, I kept my ovaries and cervix an have only three tiny inscisions. If you want to keep your cervix and shorten your recovery time by more than half, then It's the least invasive procedure available at this time. I was back to work in 10 days...still tired but back.

My Dr is my hero...from what I understand most Drs wouldn't have even attempted doing a LSH on me as large as everything was but I've known her for 21 years and she's apparently considered an expert at this procedure. Personally I think it's worth the effort to seek out options and opinions. There are many Drs doing this procedure on women they wouldn't have considered it for 2 years ago.
Kelly
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Post Op 2 months +

I'm so pleased to hear about your recovery. Yours is exactly what I'm hoping for! My whole purpose behind this procedure is that I want to feel life myself again and stop this dragging around. I'm not a "dragger and whiner" by nature, so this is really affecting me! My dr. is hopeful he will be able to leave the cervix, but only remove my uterus and ovaries. Am scheduled for 12/5, so we'll see. Thanks for sharing a story which gives me such hope!
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Post Op 2 months +

Good thoughts going in your direction. I'm a huge advocate of this procedure. I say 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.. IMHO there is no reason to remove a part of your body that's not creating big problems. I did so much research before making my desision that I joke I could have assisted in my own surgery!lol Good luck to you!
Kelly
Unread 11-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Post Op 2 months +

Glad many of you are doing well. It is good to hear that not everyone has complications. I was not one of the "blessed" ones.

The reason there seems to be more "bad" news than good on this site is that ususally if you are doing well, you have no need to seek out the site and ask questions once you are post op. Many of us came to this site for info before surgery. Then there are those that get well, live happily ever after, and they leave us. Others of us have continued health issues so we are still seeking answers from other women who may be experiencing the same on going problems we are.

It is so wonderful some of you are sailing through recovery and I wish you all the best! It is nice of you to let us know.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register