stabbing vaginal pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stabbing vaginal pain stabbing vaginal pain

Unread 04-23-2006, 07:13 PM
stabbing vaginal pain

HI again. I am 2 weeks 2 days post TAH, LSO and have a very tender belly but this evening I have been experiencing some sharper, stabbing type pain in my vaginal area. Has anyone else had this? I had stopped wearing my binder about a week ago and decided to put it back on again today for some support. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Doesn't happen all of the time, just occasionally. Any feedback would really be appreciated. Trying not to worry.

Blessings and happy healing to all.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 07:45 PM
stabbing vaginal pain

HI Laurie,
did you have any bladder repairs? Did you keep your cervix?

I used to get those stabbing pains in my vagina but that was when my bladder was prolapsing. OUCH!

I hope you are feeling better! My surgery was one month ago yesterday and I feel pretty good!!! Hugs Raymo
Unread 04-23-2006, 07:50 PM
stabbing vaginal pain

I did not have any bladder repair and my cervix was removed also. I sure hope my bladder doesn't prolapse. What exactly is that and did you have to have some kind of repair for that post op?

Thanks for your input.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 08:05 PM
stabbing vaginal pain

I did keep my cervix. It helps with the support. My bladder was repaired during surgery (they put a tvt--trans vaginal tape) which is like a hammock for it. It was not too bad. Just some pinchy pain when I pee.

I would call your dr just to see if everything is going ok. Hugs Raymo
Unread 04-23-2006, 10:00 PM
stabbing vaginal pain

I had my surgery on 4-4 3 days before yours. I just yesterday had that very thing. I had a LAVH and cervix gone. I was just laying down trying to nap and they started and man did it hurt. About 10 minutes later I got up and went to the bathroom and I had bled. I had not at all since surgery and I freaked out. My doc said not to worry about it unless it got worse. It did not. I don't know why it did it but I guess it was just part of the healing for my....

I called my dr for my peace of mind...you might do the same.
Unread 04-23-2006, 11:14 PM
stabbing vaginal pain

I had a TVH and have had the same pains since my surgery. I described them to my husband as a knife going in my vagina, they come and go that quick. I assumed it was muscle spasms or healing but I really don't know. Just thought I would respond so you know others are experiencing the same thing.
Unread 04-24-2006, 06:38 AM
stabbing vaginal pain

I had a TVH. I had pains that you could describe like that. I had them up until about 6-7 weeks. My DR never saw a problem and I healed up just fine. IN my case they were like "growing pains" a new body for things to adjsut to. I wish you well
Unread 04-24-2006, 07:29 AM
stabbing vaginal pain

I liked the knife description! THAT WAS EXACTLY HOW MINE FELT! Mine must have cut too deep since I started bleeding afterwards...lol!
Unread 04-24-2006, 08:18 AM
stabbing vaginal pain

I also had the same thing. I had a TVH with cervix out and sometimes it is like cramping from a period but sometimes it is knife like and I have used that term myself. Painful but no bleeding with mine.
Unread 04-24-2006, 08:36 AM
stabbing vaginal pain

How long do these menstral pain like feelings last? Anyone know? Ballpark?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register