Very Emoitional 1 1/2 weeks out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Emoitional 1 1/2 weeks out Very Emoitional 1 1/2 weeks out

Unread 12-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Very Emoitional 1 1/2 weeks out

Not sure why I'm so emotional but I didn't even have my ovaries out. Anyone else in the boat? I'm wondering if it's just the fact I can't do much lifting my kids and it's the holidays or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Re: Very Emoitional 1 1/2 weeks out

Same here. Headache an crying alot. Should have had my period right now so maybe still PMS symptoms meaning the ovarues are still working right...

Feel lonely, edgy etc.....
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:16 AM

I can remember being off some around that time. I thought it was because it was starting to get nice out and I couldn't do stuff in my yard.

I would think with the holiday around and you not being able to do much might set you off some.

It does get better. I'm so happy to be pain free now.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2010, 07:53 AM

HI GM13 and Burned Out, I remember at that point I was very emotional too (still am, but my ovaries were taken). It probably has something to do with your ovaries being in shock. I've read that it takes a bit for them to fully function again.

Be patient with yourself and pamper the princess!

Merry Christmas!
Unread 12-21-2010, 08:15 AM

I kept my ovaries. My doctor said that there is a change in blood supply. Some ovaries go into shock until they figure out the new blood supply. During my preop I asked how long it would last. He said that some women never notice. Others become very emotional and upset. But that it should fade over time. I pressed for a timeframe. He said that it would gradually get better over a period of months.

I'm 5 days preop and am really hoping I one of the lucky ones that doesn't notice. I hope your ovaries figure it out soon!
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:06 AM

I think that's definitely normal. I kept my ovaries as well but about a week after the surgery I broke down. I think it was a combination of frustration with being limited physcially and possibly some holdover PMS symptoms and shocked ovaries... I do feel a little more emotional than usual now (crying over commercials and makeover shows, etc.) but those first few weeks after the surgery were VERY emotional. you will get through it!
Unread 12-21-2010, 01:22 PM

The title of this post really spoke to me... I also still have my ovaries but have been teary the past few days (11 days post op) .... Combination of all of it, really. Frustration at not being able to do everything I want to around the house. Add to that, my daughter is off of school and here with me and entertaining her w/o TV all day long can be draining. Poor hubby had to deal with me in tears all last night. Part of it too, the "novelty" has worn off, you know... I got many flowers, visits, meals, and gifts from hubby the first week, and now it's kind of getting old, while last week it was a bit "fun" to just get to sit around??? Who knows. But to think there may be a physiological reason for the wild emotions is comforting in a way... like I'm not going crazy! All of this ovary talk is making me realize, I think I've had some kind of ovarian pain in the past two days so maybe related???

I find that knitting is a good escape-mind and fingers busy!

Take care,
Myriam
27 yo
Unread 12-22-2010, 12:03 AM

When I hit the one week mark, I also ended up having a surge of emotions slam into me- crying one minute, screaming the next. A weekend passed of this happening, and after that things got better. I also still have my ovaries, and around that time it would be my normal PMS week, but on top of that the body readjusting to things- I do believe the ovaries probably were in shock from it all.
Unread 12-22-2010, 01:17 AM

I illuded to this in my recovery update yesterday.

I kept my ovaries, however they have not been functional since February.

We attended a family holiday gathering where there were babies everywhere. I suddenly got teary eyed and wanted a baby so much (I'm 46, have 2 kids in college!) I cried in the shower getting ready for the Dr's appt yesterday.

The Dr. almost "knew" what I was going to say before I said it and was ready. He gave me samples of Vivelle dot (.1mg) and told me that I would feel better by Thursday. Samples of Lumnesta because I'm having trouble sleeping.

Reading what all of you have to say, it's no wonder he almost "knew" and was ready for me.
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:02 AM

I also went through the same thing at the same time. I kept my ovaries and was crying and teary for a couple of days. Thankfully for me it evened out and I havnt had a problem since. It was a terrible little roller coaster.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register