Scheduled TVH ovaries & cervix - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovaries & cervix ovaries & cervix

Unread 02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Re: ovaries & cervix

From talking to my doctor if your ovaries are healthy it is good to leave them. The ovaries produce important hormones. The cervix if it is healthy aids for support of the pelvic floor and for some women aids in orgasm. The doctor is leaving my ovaries and wanted to take my cervix. My choice was to leave my cervix since I have never had a bad pap and no history cervical cancer in my family. I can always have it removed if need be. Can't put it back if I change my mind later. I plan to be faithful with checkups and monitoring my health. The thing is this has to be your choice, based on the best health information you can obtain from your doctor. Hysterectomy in itself is a very difficult choice for most women. I know it has been for me. I wish those faced with choices to make the best one for them. God Bless and comfort you. Less than a week now for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2011, 07:48 PM

I kept both my cervix and ovaries. I don't have big family history of cancer and it was hard enough to get myself to do the hyster
Unread 02-22-2011, 11:27 PM

Im 48 and dr said he is taking it all, just because he doesnt feel there is a benefit at my age, and doesnt want me to have to risk having another surgery to take the ovaries later on. He said i am prob close to menopause age, so may as well take them as a precaustionary thing. Im sched on march 9.
Unread 02-24-2011, 08:31 AM

I am with you Coastlandscape. It is hard enough as a woman to do the hysterectomy. To often doctors want to take the ovaries and cervix just because... I say if there is a history or disease then by all means if not why not just leave them. You can never forsee the future. They both perform a function. Only a few more days left for me. Take care and best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register