Scheduled TLH Sleeping arrangements - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sleeping arrangements Sleeping arrangements

Unread 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Re: Sleeping arrangements

We've slept together so far. We both find it very comforting. He doesn't move around a lot and I'm propped up on a foam wedge so I don't either.

He's a good napper, so he able to "catch up" in the early evening if I'm up and down at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM

Thanks, everyone, this is very helpful. Now for the discussion: "Hey, dollface! Guess who's sleeping somewhere else for a few days?"
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:02 PM

LOL LOL ds9!!! i didnt even say it that nicely!! It was more like...."see ya in a few weeks dude"!!!
My owieeee was so much worse than his few nights of inconvenience!! He's a big boy and can handle it......not like i kicked him outta the house!!
LOL LOL...but i did laugh at your "hey dollface " remark!!
Unread 03-15-2011, 03:26 PM

I was lucky, mine headed off without me asking. Just took his pillow and went into the other bedroom. To be honest, I never really thought about him sleeping somewhere else until he did it. It was great! Lots of room for the doggies and kitties! =)
Unread 03-15-2011, 03:55 PM

My husband slept in the guest room as I was having problems sleeping and sometimes he s'mores and that would just compound the problem. The first few nights I slept sitting with pillows propped up behind me.
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:42 PM

I guess I would say it all depends on a few things 1: how big is your bed? 2: Is your sweetie a restless sleeper? For me I did kick my DH out a couple of nights because he is a restless sleeper and some nights are worse than others, and his kicking and tossing and turning were to much for my sore tummy, even with our king size bed. So if your sweetie can stay on their own side of the bed and lay still you will be ok to let him sleep in the bed with you. I would just tell him if you up and down is bothering him or he is making it hard for you than he is the one that is moving not you.
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:29 PM

My hubby and I work different shifts and haven't shared the same bed for a while (except for, well, you know). The nights he is home either he sleeps in his recliner and I get the bed, or I sleep on the sofa and he gets the bed. Having said that, I think I'm going to sleep in the spare room until I am quite certain I can get in and out of our waterbed comfortably. It is a softside bed, but it is a little more difficult to navigate than a regular bed. I found this out with a previous surgery.

I hope your hubby takes the news well.
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:48 PM

I spent the first two nights at the hospital, the third night was my first home. I went up the stairs with no problem and we slept as usual, never changed our normal habits. It was nice to not be alone, there were some emotional nights. DH is a careful sleeper.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register