Just need to talk | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just need to talk Just need to talk

Unread 07-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Just need to talk

Hey Everyone,
I know that what I'm feelin is normal but I'm not doing so well. I'm having a horrible time at work. My boss finally talked to me todays about who will do my job while I'm out. Really been stressing on that. I go from being really up to hitting rock bottom. I come home and have a hard time getting things done. I spend alot of time on here just reading.
I went to WalMart today. Bought new pj's, a small fan for hot flashes, and the enema for next wed. Which by the way totally terrifies me. I hate throwing up and will do almost anyting not to. I've had a couple friends tell me the drink made them sick and several of you here have had the same problem.
So here I sit watching the soaps I taped, on the computer and not wanting to go to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Just need to talk

debbieh00523,

I think most can relate well to you. I was terrified, thankfully didn't have to worry about work as work with Dh, however have 3 sons 6,9,12. middle one was sure I would die so prayed everyday at school for last 2months....had whole class on this one. but now 22days and counting on the other side and can tell you it's worse anticipating the unknown and I think you are fortunate to have located this site prior to OP as the ladies have much info some I don't want to think about too much but most is really good and helpful, much more informative than info from Dr. I had to do the boel prep not to much fun but OK I had to use Fleet worked really quickly and could leave house/bathroom, didn't make you vomit though thank goodness. I had a little trouble sleeping joting down all the things I had to do before 27-6 as my mum was coming to take care of things when I came home from hospital, so house had to be in order!!!!!!!!!!

It will be OK and just do as your told and rest after I was surprised how good I felt on coming home day5 after all that had been done, TVH, A&P and peri repair and bladder sling so good news......it is ok u just get pretty tired early afternoon.

So it must be pretty late where you are (im in Melbourne aust and its 19-7 4:50pm) so you should go to bed and get some rest.

regards Kerrie
Unread 07-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Just need to talk

Hi Deb-

It's so good to know someone is feeling the same way I am. I can't stop thinking about my surgery. I too have bought new PJ's, some books, figured out what movies I want to watch, have written down everything I want to pack for the hospital, have figured out what I need to cook and freeze before the surgery. My husband is out of town this week so I'm not feeling too guilty about coming home and jumping on the computer. I'm reading everything I can about LSH...It's amazing I can get my job done during the day.
I have my pre-op appointment on Monday so I'm not sure about the bowel prep. But, of course, I've started my period....I'm so glad it will be my last.
Staci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Just need to talk

I got nauseous when I had to do a bowel prep but I never actually threw up from it. I found that rinsing my mouth out with clear water helped a lot. Remember to stay close to the potty and have some soft wipes handy.

And you sure do sound nornal to me. My emotions were all over the place while I was waiting for my hyst. Hystersisters saved my sanity

Best wishes.

S
Unread 07-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Just need to talk

Kerri,
It weird that your middle son was having problems because my middle children, a son 26yr, is also having a hard time with this. My DH called him last week left a message and before calling his wife he called dad because he just knew something was wrong with me.
My mum is also coming but 4 days postop. So I'm worried that the house has to be just right for her. I want to enjoy her visit and not worry about the house. Do we ever grow up and not worry about our mums.
I finally went to bed around midnight, didnt sleep so well, had to be up a 6am but turned the alarm off and got up at 7 instead.
Unread 07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Just need to talk

Staci,
Good luck on the preop appointment. Isnt it nice to know that is will be the last period you will ever have. I spotted last week and thought never again after 7/26. I havent got any movies. I have several recorded on the dvd player that I havent watched yet.
Unread 07-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Just need to talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinaklife
Hi Deb-

It's so good to know someone is feeling the same way I am. I can't stop thinking about my surgery. I too have bought new PJ's, some books, figured out what movies I want to watch, have written down everything I want to pack for the hospital, have figured out what I need to cook and freeze before the surgery. My husband is out of town this week so I'm not feeling too guilty about coming home and jumping on the computer. I'm reading everything I can about LSH...It's amazing I can get my job done during the day.

I have my pre-op appointment on Monday so I'm not sure about the bowel prep. But, of course, I've started my period....I'm so glad it will be my last.
Staci
This is exactly how I am. I just bought some pj's yesterday, I am putting together my list of movies and books, and trying to read all I can about the procedure. I haven't figured out what I want to to for meals and such, but I will figure it out. Hubby will be taking care of the kiddos (will be 5 and 3 by then - both birthdays are early august). I will have one last period before then too... so glad it will be my last.
Unread 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Just need to talk

Make room in the boat, girls.....I'm right there with you!!! I started interviewing my "potential replacements" yesterday and have two more interviews today. It's so hard to think about who is capable to do your job when you're not here. Course, I don't want to get anyone too good - tee hee!

I too have made the Wal-Mart run. Bought a new nightshirt, some chapstick and a body pillow (thanks to the advice found on this site). I feel pretty prepared, but I'm still really nervous.

We'll all get through it together, right?

Hugs......
Unread 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Just need to talk

Hi Deb,
I thought I'd chime in here too! My emotions are all over the place, sporadic sleeping (Tylenol PM is helping some), I'm worrying about things I don't need to worry about, etc....the list goes on! It's comforting to me to come to hystersisters....my DH is having a problem with my spending so much time on computer but I realize he is not in my shoes and can't really understand. Instead of making things easier for me He ends up creating more stress. I wonder if our guys would understand if we put it to them in terms of them being snorfledoodled?! Don't worry, I have no desire to do that! If I brought it up, though, he'd say Guess that's one way to get some peace and quiet around here!
Unread 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Just need to talk

Debbie -

You are certainly not alone in how you feel, thats for sure. I have found this out the last week on here and it has relieved me to know that. Our surgery dates are the same!
I go from having decent days to crashing and burning the next. My moods have been okay mostsly. If anything, I've just been feeling very down. I seem to be crying at the drop of a hat. It is amazing what stress will do to your body. I also am having a terrible time focusing, expecially at work. I keep telling DH that I just need to keep focused on on the things I need to do, but its hard. I've got a big weekend coming up this weekend and once thats over I can breath a sigh of relief, but then the feelings will probably really go into overdrive. My ds, 18, is leaving with his cousin to visit my parents in Texas on Wednesday. I sit and cry and cry just thinking about leaving him at the airport. I think I apologize to DH every day for being such a "wacko" the last few weeks. He just laughs at me and gives me a hug. God bless that man!
Anyhoo - we are all in this together ...and we will come out on the other side better than before!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register