When is everyone going back to work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When is everyone going back to work? When is everyone going back to work?

Unread 02-25-2012, 09:22 AM
When is everyone going back to work?

I am just curious. I had a TAH.
I am a teacher and was originally going back at almost 5 weeks. I can't imagine going back next week. While I feel good most of the time, I am worried about little heads and hands bumping into my belly(I teach preschool). I also am afraid of all of the moving around that I do - I never sit still at work!
I would love to stay out the entire 8 weeks but feel like people are going to question why if I look fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Re: When is everyone going back to work?

Hello. Don't go back until you are ready! It shouldn't matter what others think about it. Everyone heals @ their own pace. No one persons surgery or body is the same. When I asked my doc when I could resume driving he said when you're ready. Huh? I asked. He asked if I felt ready to drive right now. Heck no I replied. He smiled n said then your not ready. Yesterday I drove. Lol. He was right. You will know when you are ready. I dread going back to work. My job can be very physically demanding. I'm defintrly NOT ready for that. Take care and be good to yourself.
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:53 AM

I waitress so I am waiting 8 weeks.. Cant do the speed walking, lifting and double shifts right now.. Not even close and I will be 4 weeks on Tuesday..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 09:59 AM

I'm going back next Saturday, unless I can get my sub to take an extra Saturday for me, then it will be next Monday. Either way I will be about 4 1/2 weeks postop. I am not looking forward to it but I can limit my lifting(restocking products) until at least 6 wks postop. I am on my feet for the most part but most days I only work about 4-5 hours. Saturday is my busiest, longest day so I'm dreading that day the most. I'm sure my first few weeks will be spent getting readjusted to working and resting when I'm not at work.
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:16 AM

I am 4 weeks and 3 days post and I'm going back tonite! I wait tables at a dinner theatre. It'll be about a 4 hour shift. I don't foresee any lifting other than a coffee pot. Plus we have runners to bring the food to our tables. I'm pretty excited and pretty nervous but everyone knows what happened to me and they've all been very supportive. They will all be happy about me NOT talking about my awful, hateful uterus every month!!! Or not having to watch my tables while I use the ladies room!!! I have tomarrow off and probably won't have the oppurtunity for another shift until next Thursday so I feel good about having enough time to rest. Wish me luck! Tip your servers everyone!
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Hello,

I am returning to work on Monday (was 6 weeks post yesterday). I have a desk job so hopefully it wont tire me out too much. I could have gone back at 5 weeks but glad that I did not the extra week of recovery has really helped.

I hope everyone's recovery continues to go well.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM

I originally thought I'd be fine to go back to work after 4 weeks postop but my doctor wouldn't allow it and said I had to wait until March 15th (6wks). When I go back, my employer said I should only work 3 hours a day for the first 7 days to ease back into things. I'm an administrator in an office setting and my employer has been absolutely wonderful about everything, so I feel very fortunate!
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:09 PM

I was going to go back Monday, which would have made it 3 weeks 2 days. I talked to my boss a couple of days ago and he said, don't even think about it...give myself at least another week maybe two. I'm an AP at a k-8 school. I am aiming for March 5th (which would be right about 4 weeks), but if I do I'll do half days. I've decided to listen to my body and it'll tell me when it's ready...
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM

I'm a teacher too and will be going back this coming Wed. which would be about 4 weeks. I am not going to be doing any of the extra things that I do though right away (coaching, staying late, tutoring, etc.) I teach second grade and I think I'll be okay. If I was preschool or kindergarten I'd really have to think about it. I could have taken another week, but I feel pretty good except for the tired part.

I will be working four weeks and then will get another week off for spring break so I'm going to go for it : ) But, if I felt the least bit worried or not ready I'd stay out.
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:23 PM

I'm planning to go back after almost 7 weeks. Then I want to work only half days that first week to ease back into it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register