6 days post hysterectomy: 2 questions - wonky vision and odor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post hysterectomy: 2 questions - wonky vision and odor 6 days post hysterectomy: 2 questions - wonky vision and odor

Unread 12-22-2014, 12:20 PM
6 days post hysterectomy: 2 questions - wonky vision and odor

I have worn reading glasses for awhile but it has never been an absolute necessity. If I forgot them I could still read just fine, usually I didn't wear them. Ever since surgery I need my glasses tough. My computer screen is hard to read and when I look at my fingernails I can't see the fine details?

Also (and this is embarrassing) I have an odor down there. I had LAVH with bladder sling. I am showering everyday and have some discharge. Is this just because of stiches and healing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Re: 2 questions - wonky vision and odor

I am sorry I don't know about the odor but agree the vision has hampered me the last five days. Headaches are becoming worse and tired contacts and glasses to no avail. I hope someone has a better idea. I stopped taking pain meds thinking it was from that but still not good.
Unread 12-22-2014, 02:20 PM

Hormone fluctuations and medication can affect vision! It did mine for sure, but only for a few weeks. It took me about two weeks after i went back to work before my contacts were comfortable all day too. My eye dr recommended waiting at least 8 weeks after surgery, unless the changes are significant or you have dark spots. And def let them know if ovaries were removed, hormone changes def affect vision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2014, 02:26 PM

I had a bit of an odor down there too. Nothing horrible or "fishy" but I got checked at 2 weeks in case it was a vaginal infection. Doctor said it was stitches dissolving which can produce a discharge and funky smell. I would check with your doctor if it starts to get worse or bothers you.
Unread 12-22-2014, 07:51 PM

I am glad you gave a response for this. I didn't think about stitches causing odor. Hope everyone is on the mend and starts feeling better soon.
Unread 12-22-2014, 11:28 PM

I had an odor too which may have been normal or not. Right after I posted asking about it I found out I had a UTI. If it persists I would look into it. As for vision, I had my ovaries removed 8 weeks ago and my close-up vision has declined significantly. I now need bifocals according to my eye dr. I wear readers too but could go without them as well but now I must wear them.
Unread 12-23-2014, 12:10 AM

Many of us experience an odor down below as we heal. It may be stitches dissolving and the smell of old blood. For me it wasn't a bad smell, but different and stronger. It lasted about 2 weeks and was gone. I had a similar smell in my mouth when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I was concerned so saw my doctor and she checked inside and all was well. Please note that any foul odor should be reported to your doctor, as it could mean infection.
Article: Vaginal Odor

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register