Think I've lost my mind!!!!! Help!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Think I've lost my mind!!!!! Help!!!! Think I've lost my mind!!!!! Help!!!!

Unread 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Think I've lost my mind!!!!! Help!!!!

When I went to the doc's on April 4th 2012, was told my uterus measured 16 weeks prego. That was about 4 weeks ago, is there anyway poss that it could have grown more in this short time??? My jeans seem to be tighter in the belly too. Have I lost my mind??? *OMG* someone please help me find it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Re: Think I've lost my mind!!!!! Help!!!!

Yes, My uterus continued to get bigger as the weeks got closer to my surgery. I was also shocked! Surgery couldn't have come fast enough!!
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM

My uterus measured 12 weeks pregnant back in October. I finally went through the hysterectomy this past Tuesday. My uterus was roughly the same size. It hadn't grown much, but then I had adenomyosis and no fibroids. I think fibroids can grow fast and fill up the uterus. Though my uterus didn't grow in that time, my waistline did as did the pressure. Turns out I had tons and tons of cysts in one of my falopian tubes and it was causing a lot of gas and bloating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 09:09 PM

Yes me too.... My belly due to my ever so growing uterus just got bigger and bigger before my surgery. NOW... After 3 months, guess what? My belly still gets swollen and or bloated. Don't ask me why but I also know that a lot of our sisters have this problem. In the morning it's nice and low and then by late afternoon....Watch out ...there it is .
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM

Yes it can.I went for first u/s was measuring 8 wks and over the next week I swear I grew 7in around tummy.Dr said uterus had become larger since last visit(but no ultrasound) Sometime else he told me that may help,he explained that when a person is in a state of chronic pain it slows intestines down which increases gas making belly larger
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:17 PM

I have 2 fibroids, one the size of a tennis ball and the other small. I just feel like I've got bigger ugh...
The doc said that she is going to try TLH but may end up TAH. Doc said she wont know till shes in, 50/50 shot. I wonder what determines how it ends up?? ugh I just so nervous that since my belly seems to me to be getting bigger it may end up as a TAH
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:41 PM

When is your surgery? Have you phoned Dr with concerns? I'm not 100% about which factors cause them to open you up,but my guess would be size of uterus and contour and how complicated it is.I don't know a lot about fibroids..sorry
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:42 AM

My surgery is set for May 15th. No I have not call my doc just figured is was my mind plsying tricks on me. My pre op with her is May 11th
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:42 AM

wow this is nice to know. I have fibroids too and my uteric is twice as big as normal. I work overnight and I have had to change the size of my levis or to stretchier ones a couple of times. I have had more presure on my bladder the last week and have been hurting more the last two nights of work as I am lifting boxes. I was wondering too if things have gotten bigger. I know things have fallen back down so hopefully that is all it is. I don't want anything to get bigger they are going to have a hard time as it it. I get more nervous and the anxiety is kicking in. I will only have one day to clean and get everything ready. I have a great boyfriend who is sooo suportive through this.
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:29 PM

There have certainly been many posts from ladies whose fibroids seem to grow very quickly, even those who had an ablation, to try and avoid a total hysterectomy.

The swelly belly afterwards can last quite a long time too, as your stitches heal, the internal organs move round to fill the gaps, and the GAS blowing you up out of all proportion.

It will settle down though in time.
I am now 5 months post op and my tummy is firming up a bit now. I am also trying to learn how to hula hoop to tone up the tummy and back muscles.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register