Questions?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Questions??

Hi,

I found this fourm a few weeks ago after a visit with my gyno. It is so wonderful to know that I'm not alone on this scary path.

About a year and a half ago I started having very heavy periods with very large clots. My Dr. did a D&C and removed some fibroids. When he called me in a week later to give me the pathology report he told me that he wasnt able to remove the ones that were imbedded in the uterus, the only way to remove them is a hysterectomy. He prescribed a B/C pill that helped untill about 2 mos. ago.

Last month my period lasted over two weeks and was uncontrollable, I was up several times each night having to change. This scared me enough to bring me back to the dr. He felt my stomach and said my uterus was still a size that could be removed vaginally. This really hit me hard. I know he had mentioned it before, but I guess I just assumed there were other options. He also prescribed that new B/C pill Seasonale. ( It seems to be helping with the bleeding.)

I'm having an ultrasound the 27th of this month and I really want to be ready with all the questions I want to ask him. I really have a big list already, thanks to everyone here. One that I have that maybe someone here could help me with is... Since I've already had the D/C is there any other procedure that could help besides a hysterectomy? And also is it normal to feel like my uterus is always squeezing on something kinda like mild contractions?

Thanks everyone for being patient with my ramblings and questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Questions??

Hi Kathy. I notice you are from Illinois too.

I had lots of clots the first 2 days of my period and on a routine exam in March found out I had at least one small fibroid. By Sept (I had to go back and have it checked in 6 months) my uterus was the size of an 18 week pregnancy and I had 2 fibroids inside and one large one outside. The one outside was causing pain from time to time (even if I was just walking across the room). It was growing too rapidly and it had to come out.

I went ahead and had the surgery in Nov and I feel better already.

Let us know how you are doing.

Pam
Unread 01-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Questions??

Kathy
I was like you also. My periods would last 3 weeks out of 4. I had 3 D&Cs. I had 3 large fibroids in my uterus and i also had them on my overies. They were fast growing and I had to have a hysterectomy. I was 30 at the time, I dint want it so I told him i was going to waite for a while. I did and 6 weeks later i was bleeding so bad I called my dr he told me to meet him in the er I was bleeding out. One of the fibroids got so big it tore a hole in my uterus. So to surgey we went. 2 of the fibroids together weighed 7lbs. The other one was smaller. I also had bad cramps that would keep me in bed for days. and I thougth labor pains were bad. HA! they were a breeze.
I feel like a new person. I have had a few other surgeries and sill have one more to go. But I am soooo glad I had my hysterectomy.
I would do it all over again if i had too...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register