I would like to know...? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I would like to know...? I would like to know...?

Unread 03-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Did your DR find anything in addition to what was expected during surgery?

I am a LIW.
I would like to know, after waking up from surgery if your Dr told you she/he found something in addition to what the Dr expected?
Sometimes I feel like that might happen to me when I visit the castle. I plan on talking to my about but would like to hear from other sisters as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I would like to know...?

Hi Dimples!

I was so drugged after surgery that I wouldn't have remembered a thing even if he had told me something pertaining to my surgery. My Dr. went out into the waiting room and told my husband everything.

I was able to talk to my doctor the next day in the hospital when I was more coherent.

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery!

's
Unread 03-27-2004, 05:25 PM
I would like to know...?

There's always that possibility of finding something unexpected during surgery. None of the tests are perfect. I had a couple of ultrasounds before surgery, and my DR was still surprised at how large my uterus actually was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Dimples 5

Hi there,
My Dr. didn't find anything more. But, they did find out less. I didn't have Cancer and only moderate dysplasia. So, think positive.
Unread 03-27-2004, 05:56 PM
I would like to know...?

Hello out there!

I had a bit of this, but nothing to alarming. I was scheduled for an oophectomy (very large complicated cyst on right ovary verified by a CT scan).

I was expecting a vertical incision and a missing ovary.
When I saw the doc, my first question was "what happened to the vertical incision?" She said she was about to cut me, looked at my (twice) bikini slash, and said "I can't do that to her."
That was a gift. Then I found out that when she looked at the ovary there was no evidence of the cyst ... so it stayed. However, while looking through me and trying to remove as many old adhesions as she could (2 previous ab surgeries),
she discovered my appendix was messy (I forget the vocab she actually used) and decided to take it out. Said it was pos for endometriosis. Didn't know appendix could have that.

Of course, I figure she had to take something (!) for insurance purposes. At least it's not something I miss.

Hey, try not to worry too much about all that! Of course it's natural, but don't let those thoughts runaway from you and your well-being. Thinking positive has tremendous POWER!

Peace,
Eileen
Unread 03-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I would like to know...?

Yes--being positive is a good thing and I try to keep that at the top of my list.
My concern is, I have pains in my tummy that are not near my fibroid [my is located right next to my blander]. I have seen 4 Drs. Two of them thought I might have a fibroid at the top of my uterus but the ultrasound did not find anything at the top of it. During my exams, I am almost off the table with pain when the Drs pressed down on my tummy. Between the tender areas and the pains that are not like my monthly cramps but other pains [they are not gas pains either--they feel different], it might be endo or my enlarged uterus could just be taking turns on which organ to push on next. I have been lucky, the birthcontrol I take now has really helped with my monthly. Only 3 months ago, I had a few twinches of pain a couple of time a week. Now I have them everyday. The Drs have said [I have a team of two] that they really need to look inside to know for sure about my complains. Bleeding is under control but not the pain. I can't live with the daily pains. I can't exercise, I work full time in an office, I am just gaining weight, and I sit at my desk all day with a heating pad and only take meds when the pain ends up giving me a headache. I believe my Drs when they said that I should have a LAVH but be prepared if we need to change it and you wake up with something more.

I just wanted to know if anyone had something else found by their Dr during surgery.
Unread 03-27-2004, 06:32 PM
I think most people are concerned with this

There is always a chance that something unexpected will come up. I think that has crossed most people's minds.

I had laproscopic surgery 2 months ago and my Dr. was shocked at all the things I remembered from the recovery room. Including what jacket she had on, what the nurse said to me and the sex and approximate age of all the people in the recovery room!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register