Came home this afternoon... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Came home this afternoon... Came home this afternoon...

Unread 12-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Came home this afternoon...

Welcome home Bingo. I hear ya on the gas pain. Man mine was so bad the night after my surgery I thought I was going to pull my hair out. I took a couple of the Gas-X strips and that seemed to help. I had an LAVH on the 26th of Dec and I just had my first BM today. Yes, that's 5 whole days including the day of my surgery. I was soooo very miserable this morning that I called my Doctor's office to see what I could take. I had tried Milk of Mag yesterday with no help (man that's nasty stuff). I decided that since my Doctor's office never called me back that I would have DH take me to the grocery store to get a fleets enema. Wouldn't you know that walking around the store made me have to GO! I just about had to run accross the store to find the restroom. Man did I feel better. Walking down the isle to my DH I gave him the big thumbs up with a great big smile. I'm sure people around us thought I was nuts , but I didn't care. I told hubby this evening that I feel better today than I usually did on the 2nd or 3rd day of my period. I just can't believe that I'm not supposed to go back to work for 2 more weeks. I feel like I could go back tomorrow. I've tried not to sleep too much so that I can sleep good at night. I walk around the house and watch TV mostly. But it's getting pretty boring. I hope your gas pains get better and that your BM comes quickly. Walk as much as you can tolerate and drink alot of water. If all else fails you can always try the Milk of Mag.

Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2006, 07:56 PM

Had my lavh/bso on 27th and the dr gave me vicodin which make me have quizzy tummy. That pretty much is the only thing that got me in the hospital and here. I make sure I eat at least one cracker when I take the pill. Walking helps the gas and also its seems to make me not so stiff. My only problem is the numbness in my upper front left thigh. I asked the nurse when I left and she said it was ok..no real info but found a thread on this site (love this site) that others have had it also. Doesn't hurt just a weird feeling. Don't let your pain get away from you, it is really hard to get back under control. I did in the hospital because I did not want the vicodin and went over 6 hours without a pill. One of my friends from work overrulled me and told the nurse. Hang in there getting up and down is the worse, support your tummy and keep walking
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:20 PM

I didn't do well with the percocet either, but I found I could take a half without getting dizzy and queasy, so I did that whenever I needed the edge taken off the pain. I'm only taking regular strength Motrin now. I have the prescription strength, but even that made me feel lousy.

Good luck!

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2006, 11:23 PM

I had my surgery on 11-21-06 and I too had bad gas and didn't have a bowel movement for 3 days!! Doctor told me too take Milk of Maganesium at night which that helped. As long as you are having gas you will have one eventually but my stomache ached intel then. I took the perc at night and found a little pillow under the stomache worked good to cushion the stomache it was hard to sleep first couple of nights. You are on the road to recovery, Drink lots of water and Rest and Rest!! Many wishes to you in the New Year Happy New Year!!!!
Unread 12-31-2006, 09:51 AM

Thanks ladies! Hopefully it comes today...lol! There have been alot of things that I have wished for but I dont ever think that a BM was one of them...lol! I sleep good last night and was even able to lay in the bed and go from my back to my sides. I was exicted about that this morning when I woke up. Ah, the simpliest things!
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:26 AM

Heh. I had to call my mom last night I was so excited to have one
Unread 12-31-2006, 12:03 PM

HOME! Remember to get plenty of rest , walk a little and drink plenty of fluids and do not over do it!
NOW and remember to !

's
Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register