15 days and still alot of pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days and still alot of pain 15 days and still alot of pain

Unread 06-02-2010, 11:42 PM
15 days and still alot of pain

Hi HysterSisters,
Well its been 2 long weeks and one day since my surgery. I thought it would be better by now but its not! I still have alot of pain and its not incision itself. I am still experiencing a burning pain in both my sides its a intense feeling that pain meds can't fix! I have a hard time sleeping at night because its so hard to get comfortable because of the pain. Shouldn't it feel better by now? My stomach is still bloated but it did go down some but on my left side it seems swoller than than the right. Plus that is the side I have most of my pain on. I;m so ready to get back to my old self!!! Can anyone give me some advice as to what is normal at 15 days post-op? I think I just need someone to talk to today I was so emotionally cryin over things that I know won't change! Could it be my hormones? I need a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Re: 15 days and still alot of pain

It could be hormones...your body has gone thru alot of changes and will continue. I started tearing up over the Dog Whisperer.....c'mon. I am a few days over 2 wks and things seem to be going ok...but I have some pain. I am still swollen also...more on the left. I still cannot lay down on my side yet. I did get a body pillow which helps.

As far a bloating, are you constipated? Are you taking laxatives and Gas X, Motrin? I have more left side pain also. I had Davinci and the Dr told me that is were they use the manual probe...so it will be the most tender.

I know how you feel...I just want to be back in action. It is depressing and all the body changes do not help the way I feel either. Hang in there...it has got to get better. If you have questions...call your Dr that is what they are there for.

Good luck...hey we both had surgery on the 18th. Fingers crossed for our speedy recovery!!
Unread 06-03-2010, 08:12 AM

hi housewife 25 and Reyne. I had surgery on 5/19, one day after both of you. The pain on the left has subsided now but I have more pain in the lower part of my abdomen, around my c-section scar. The area around the daVinci entry points is negligable. The lower abdominal pain is not bad, definitely less than I would have with a period. I am taking it easy, hoping it will go away. I did a lot over the weekend and may have overdone it (after a really easy, restful week). I also carried in some groceries yesterday that may have aggravated my belly. I can sleep on my stomach now, no pillow needed. I think most of the discomfort has to do with constipation, now that I reread the previous post. I still take colace twice a day and activia, prune juice, etc. I have one BM a day (but you'd think I'd have major runs with all of that !!!!!)
Good luck! Give it some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Also walking has helped me...walking about 20-30 mins a day. I went for my 2 wks check up yesterday. The Dr said...remember you have just had major surgery you need to heal.

My major problem is swollen belly...nothing fits. I read corlaprof is on estrogen...maybe you need some? I am not taking anything for now. Looks like we are in this recovery together with the same hyst dates...let's stick together.
Unread 06-03-2010, 11:36 AM

Reyne, I admire you for walking 20-30 minutes each day. My posture is not good yet and I just couldn't walk that much yet without hurting afterwards. I'm off pain meds completely, don't even take anything OTC. Am still wearing loose clothing but could get into something with a button and zipper if needed. No weight gain (actually lost a little).
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Thanks Reyne and Corlaprof for the advice and just for listening! Well as far as the constipation I have regular BM's actually they are more regular now then before the surgery. Thats crazy huh? But I will give it a few more days because like Corlaprof I think I may have over did it the weekend. I mean I really didn't do much I just had to get outta the house so I went to the store with my husband. I didn't lift anything just walked but I paid for it went I got home!(Learned my lesson!) I have good days and bad so on the good days I feel like doing alittle around the house just here and there nothing major. My husband and kids tell me to sit and rest but I think I'm tired of just sitting around. But thanks my sisters for making me feel better we have to stay in touch and compare recovery. Yall are such a blessing! Good luck and Take care!!!
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM

It took two weeks for my pain to go away. And the walking helped a lot. I tried to walk as much as possible. It will get better, it's been three months now and I don't feel any different then before the surgery.
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:31 PM

you have just had" major surgery"
keep your thoughts positive,,,
i can totaly relate to how you sisters are feeling..,,, i felt the same,,
but really 2 and 3 weeks is not that long ago..
take it easy on yourself.. keep ahead of the pain by taking your meds..i know you think im crazy as i did when other stold me... but in another few weeks you will be feeling sooo much better.. some of you may be even saying you feel "great'
we all heal at our own rate,,, listen to your body and if you really doubt your healing... call your dr.
chins up gals..brighter days ahead
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:31 PM

Ok thanks for the advice I will try it!
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Thanks! I guess it just feels like a long time, but you are so right!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register