Effect of fibroids on blood pressure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Effect of fibroids on blood pressure? Effect of fibroids on blood pressure?

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Effect of fibroids on blood pressure?

Wow...when this process began, I didn't realize my 'leakage' issue was caused by fibroids.....and didn't realize til the doc told me I had a 14 wk uterus, that this was why I'd put weight on so differently than I had in the past. Today, I discover that my fairly recent indigestion might not be caused by the iron pills my doc put me on for slight anemia (yeah, I knew THAT was from the fibroids), or any other meds, but maybe was a result of the fibroids. So I'm looking to see what else I can blame on the nasty buggers!

My blood pressure is quite good, 'at rest', but i was getting some funny jaw-tingling when on the treadmill...so a stress test was done, and it was discovered that my top # stayed good, but the bottom # skyrocketed (it's supposed to remain unchanged)....so I was put on bp medication a few months ago.
Now, I'm wondering --- has anyone else experienced blood pressure issues, that turned out to be the fault of the fibroids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM

I'll be curious to find out, too. I just came from my gp's office to discuss a lab result (not related to TAH), and my bp pressure was high for the first time ever. Now it could have been because I had to wait over an hour in a hot and stuffy waiting room for something that could have been discussed over the phone, but I am wondering.
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:43 PM

I've had trouble with my bp too. My normal is 90/60. But since the fibroid, it varies from 117/80 to 148/90. It gets higher when I'm in pain. I've also had trouble with heart palpitations and tachycardia for several months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 08:18 PM

this is to weird, but my blood pressure was not always high it was usually 120 over 80 but sine I have been having pain and the cysts on my ovaries my blood pressure has been 185/122 and my dr now has me on 3 different meds to control it. The more pain I'm in the higher it gets. I hope it is caused from the fibroids and cysts because that means after the HYST the blood pressure should go down
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:05 AM

oh. well i could see that pain would result in an increase in bp...and i feel for the ladies with pain...fortunately i've never gotten worse than 'discomfort'...and not to rub salt in the wound, but my blood pressure was only a problem under exertion - ie exercise (and i know that a lot of the ladies are unable to do that, bc of the pain)
well i guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:18 PM

My BP has been high since I was PG 5 yrs ago <at 42 yrs old> -- I spent 3 months prior to delivering IN the hsopital Preeclampsyia and it has never really gone down since... I am on meds to control it... Pain/stress can all cause it to rise... <sigh> -- I am looking forward to a new lease on life... I want to feel better... I want my life BACK!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register