Reasons - fibroids. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reasons - fibroids. Reasons - fibroids.

Unread 09-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Reasons - fibroids.

Not sure this is right place to post this. But my hyster is scheduled because of fibroids, which I've never had before. Now that I know it, I'm not sure if it's in my mind or not. I'm peeing a lot more, can answer (now) the heavy bleeding (thought it was part of menopause) and my clothes are TIGHT as if I'm pregnant (uterus felt 12-weeks along, hence the sonogram and finidng of fibroids). Question - can these still grow for the next two months before the surgery? Will I have another ultrasound before then? Do I have to "feel" pregnant until this is done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Reasons - fibroids.

I can't answer for your situation. That's a medical question for your doc.

My fibroids did grow, and I felt horridly swollen. I did not have another sonogram, but I did have other tests that were warranted due to bladder issues that were resolved at the same time as my hysterectomy.

Lena
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Reasons--fibroids

I can say that my hysterectomy was scheduled because of fibroids that had made me very uncomfortable, urinating very frequently, bloated, swollen and about 12-16 weeks pg-looking. I went to the doctor late June, he suggested the hysterectomy, I traveled throughout the month of July and by the time of my surgery in early September, I couldn't fit into the clothes I'd worn during my July travels! I had continued to exercise and hadn't eaten any more than usual. It was definitely time to 'give birth'!

In addition, I had severe migraine issues and the hope is that without the ovaries producing any hormones, the migraines will not return. So far, only one impressive post-operative migraine!

To answer the question of whether or not you have to 'feel' pregnant until they're out....I would venture to say "yes". I have no more heavy feeling and it's a relief even though I'm still a bit sore in the abs from the TLH.

Best wishes....the wait is worse than the reward!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Just my personal opinions here...

Hello Ladies,

I have endo. and fibroids, plus my uterus is tipped (it lays on my bladder instead of my rectum). My fibroids are both internal and external of my uterus. I constantly complained to my pcp, and then a slew of gyn's. They just never "got it". Finally, I went to see my 4th or 5th gyn who looked over my ultrasound results, and told me what was going on. It explained my symptoms (heavy bleeding, constantly going to the bathroom, the "out of my mind" pain, migrains, etc.). For years and years I was always told that I look pregnant, when in reality it was my swelling. Then I got the usual talk about being overweight. You know dr's have to make money for finding something wrong with you (just my personal opinion here).

Anyway, I am scheduled next week for a hysteroscopy, biopsies of cervix, vagina, and uterus, and then a D&C. My hyterectomy is scheduled for October. I just wish it was scheduled for next week. I am just that relieved that someone is taking me and my pain seriously for once. For me pain is pain is pain. Until you are in that position it is like nobody seems to care...as long as it isn't them suffering.

I hope everyond has a great day today!

Blessings All Around!
Roseptl
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Reasons-fibroids

I know exactly what you mean about shopping around for a doctor who would listen. I've spent 9 long, painful, frustrating years with totally debilitating migraines trying to find a physician who would listen to me when I told them my migraines were hormonal! Once the fibroids were confirmed...I was like, LET'S GET GOING! Finally a 'medical' reason to do what I had expected needed to be done long ago! I really do feel like it's going to be a good thing for me....

Best wishes! It will be here before you know it....
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Reasons - fibroids.

It amazes me when people say they look or feel pregnant with a 12-16 week uterus---mine is at least 22 wks and I don't look or feel pregnant at all! The only way I can tell that my uterus is the size of a melon is when I lay flat on my back- and it doesn't stick out at all, I have to put my hand on my abdomin and push on it. Its only then can I feel the big, hard ball.
Unread 09-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Reasons - fibroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWoman44
It amazes me when people say they look or feel pregnant with a 12-16 week uterus---mine is at least 22 wks and I don't look or feel pregnant at all! The only way I can tell that my uterus is the size of a melon is when I lay flat on my back- and it doesn't stick out at all, I have to put my hand on my abdomin and push on it. Its only then can I feel the big, hard ball.
Wow, you are lucky. I lost a lot of weight last year (divorce diet) and kept it off for the entire year. Only now, am I feeling and looking "pregnant," at least my clothes see it - and it's very, very annoying, and I haven't done anything different. I don't see how one can NOT "look or feel pregnant" with a 22 weeks uterus, I feel/look it with just 12 weeks! I feel like these fibroids are growing by the minute! Very frustrating, I was looking pretty good

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register