What a MOOD I'm in!! (Normal?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What a MOOD I'm in!!  (Normal?) What a MOOD I'm in!! (Normal?)

Unread 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
What a MOOD I'm in!! (Normal?)

Some background first... I'm pre-menopause (even tho Dr says I'm "normal), not on any progesterone cream anymore (need it desperately). Diagnosed with adhesions & prob adenomyosis.. aches, pains, labor pains across the top of my belly when it feels like it, digestion issues because everything is stuck to the other. It's time. I'm all excited, can't get this hyster done soon enough!! Oh yes... Dr tried me on BC pills. I made it 3 weeks and the anxiety went flying. I'm off them now & done with my painful period... I should be on the downswing before mid cycle but my moods? I'm all over the place!!

Hyster is April 12th. I have plenty of time. Trying not to be nervous. I've had 2 C's, an ablation, a lap years ago and even breast reduction surgery. We moved to a new state last year. Away from friends and family but it's been a "good" thing.

I'm so worried that I'm forgetting things. My boys homework, their projects due for school, bills to be paid, what groceries do I buy, food to make ahead, make time for hubby, for myself, I'm overweight, my skin looks tired, my hair needs trimming, all this and try for surgery and heal up asap to enjoy my gardening and warmer temps. I've been wanting to diet & get out to walk but my girlie parts ache when I over do it. Can't wait to start my new life!!

I'm moody, punchy, annoyed, have an attitude,maybe overwhelmed, maybe depressed one minute & honkerblonked the next. Does my body & hormones know that I'm pulling the plug on them??

Anyone else like this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Re: What a MOOD I'm in!! (Normal?)

Honkerblonked is a new one to me. Definition please? I know how you feel. Yesterday I was doing okay. Today I've started crying about 6 times (so far). I've been angry, sad, scared, angry, pleasant, angry, sad, sad, scared, pleasant, (maybe I've been honkerblonked too)etc. for the last week or so. Don't think it's hormones because I'm post menopause. More likely it's the not knowing how things will be on the other side and if I will regret the decision. For many women it is the best solution to the situation they are in and the improvement in their quality of life is well worth it. It very much is a personal decision and only you know what your situation is and how the procedure will benefit you. Take a deep breath, have a cup of cappacino (or whatever you prefer) and find some peace and quiet for your mind. Although I've found I do best if I keep busy and don't dwell on it too much. Blessings
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Take a deep bresth, Icgrace. Take one thing - and one day - at a time. Fear, anxiety, anger, sadness, disgust - whatever you feel, accept it and let it pass through you. Make a to-do list so you don't forget things. You will be fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2013, 03:21 PM

Thx!! Helps knowing it's not just me!!

Honkerblonked????? I swear! I didn't type it!! I guess it fits tho! It must be my fingers flying faster than my brain can keep up again! I like it. It prob explains it the best.
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM

Honkerblonked seems to be a polite way to express what you actually said, lol. May have been edited by moderator. It's starting to grow on me!
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:29 PM

The funny thing is... I have no idea what I typed to begin with! lol
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:38 PM

It's good to have a sense of humour about all of this. I feel like launching fireworks with a neon sign every time I emerge victorious from the bathroom.
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgrace View Post
The funny thing is... I have no idea what I typed to begin with! lol
I'm guessing it started with a p.
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:26 PM

You know... I'll bet that's what was edited! lol That I was "ticked" off at the world.... let's see if that word works... I really like honkerblonked tho!

My hubby has really been struggling with my moods. He apologizes for things he doesn't know he did.... and I cry. He's so awesome, I cry. He's doing laundry & dishes in the morning before work, to get into practice while I'm down. He made chore charts for our boys to learn how to help out. There's really nothing for me to worry about.... but being "down" for even a few hours really makes me feel off.... let alone a week or 2. I'll be so glad when it's over!!

I know... it'll be another set of issues in a month. Prob a new set of moods. Hopefully we'll all make it thru together!
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM

I'm so grateful for my wonderful hubby - sounds like yours is a keeper too, lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register