Alot of pain in my TAILBONE ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Alot of pain in my TAILBONE ~ anyone else? Alot of pain in my TAILBONE ~ anyone else?

Unread 05-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Alot of pain in my TAILBONE ~ anyone else?

Just had a TLH w/LSO last Friday, the 16th and I'm doing great except for a lot of pain in my TAILBONE of all things. Anybody else have this experience? Don't go for my follow-up until the 27th, but hopefully it will be gone by then.

I do think I'm overdoing it according to my post-op instructions. Have been doing everything I normally do except not lifting my 3 yr old or vacuuming. After reading what can happen I think I'd better slow down a little. Just so nice not to be bleeding & cramping that I can hardly help myself!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2008, 02:50 PM

I had a lot of work done near and around the cul-de-sac area (near the rectum) due to lots of endo. My tailbone, bottom, etc. ached for weeks and it took a while for me to be comfortable. Did your doctor prescribe stool softeners? When I took mine I didn't have troubles going and the 800mg ibuprofens also helped keep the inflammation down.

Please take it easy and not over do it...you will be thankful later.
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Hi Trish!
Thanks for your input. I can't wait to ask my Gyn where exactly I had endo removed as she did mention that she found some unexpectedly and was glad we made the decision to remove everything but my one ovary. Maybe that's why I hurt so far south. I have been taking stool softeners since the night of my surgery on the 16th and started having regular bms yesterday (finally!!) Pain is easing up each day, but anxious to get over this since I'm avoiding the rump pain by standing up most of the day. No matter what, I'm thrilled with my decision thus far & looking forward to having a better quality of life without all the pain & bleeding. YIPPEE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. Yes, ask your doctor as I'm sure he/she can shed some light on what they did or did not remove and from where! I just celebrated 6 mos since my hyst and am starting to finally feel better (however, I did have two surgeries within a very short time in the same area)!

Yes, it is a COMPLETE JOY to be period-free!! Regardless of the other symptoms, complications, etc. its truly joyful to not have to shop for those items on a regular basis anymore!! Whoo hoo!
Unread 05-23-2008, 05:02 PM

I have had a lot of tail bone pain, too, since my TVH. It has gotten worse since I have had a couple of long distance car rides. Sitting is very painful and getting up is worse. Once I am up and moving around it gets better. I did some looking on line and it sounds like I may have gotten my actual "tail bone" bruised during the surgery. From the way they told me I was laying on the table in the stirrups for 2 hours, it makes sense. From what I understand it can take a long time to heal. I am getting ready to make another trip this week. Once I get back if the pain hasn't gotten better I am going back to the doctor. Meanwhile, I use a pillow to sit on. I made one from a piece of foam and cut out a U shape on one side where my tail bone would be. It helps relieve the pressure some.
Unread 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM

Oh boy,

I thought maybe I was alone with this problem. I thought great now my age is really catching up to me. I have a tough time getting up from a chair and getting out of bed, without a lot of cracking going on. I have to stretch every now and then throughout the day. I have a job with a lot of standing and walking around. When I am driving or sitting for a period of time I have to readjust in my seat and sometimes place my hand behind my back. Thought it was just me. I do hope that it gets better. I plan to start yoga to help keep me limber.

I feel as tho my body needs an adjustment a realignment maybe! Could be from all of the bedrest, maybe from the operation. I just don't know.

Unread 05-23-2008, 11:02 PM

Oh my gosh I thought it was just me that had this. I had my hysterectomy almost 5 years ago and my tailbone sometimes hurts so bad I cant stand it. Sometimes it wont hurt fo a few months then all of a sudden it will flair up. Sometimes when I get up it will have a stinging feeling and I will have to wait a few seconds before I can walk. I have never gone to the DR about this but I guess I should. I have no idea if it's related to the hysterectomy or not.

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register