One week to go for me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week to go for me! One week to go for me!

Unread 01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
One week to go for me!

My hysterectomy is on the 25th, one more week. I am getting really nervous and anxious.

I am having my hysterectomy cause when my youngest was born my uterus tore. I have had 3 surgery's since to try and fix the problems but the infections and bleeding keep getting worse. At my last surgery I was considered borderline precancer, the cells were very unstable. I have become very anemic and have started fainting when I am bleeding heavy.

I am really nervous about the pain. I have started having anxiety attacks. I am just not sure what to expect. I will not know until tomorrow what type I will be having. I am hoping for vaginal. I am leaving my ovaries in.

How can I calm down about this? I am also worried about my family. I normally do everything, my dh works lots and I run the house, cook, clean and pay the bills. I am a stay at home mom. I am so worried that my dh will not know what to do. How soon will I be moveable and be able to walk around and drive?

thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
One week to go for me!

Hi, skinnylady. My surgery is the same day as yours, and like you, I am full of anxiety right now. I am a stay at home mom, too, and am stressed out about making sure that everyone is taken care of after my surgery.

I am having a vaginal hysterectomy and am keeping my ovaries. What has helped me the most in all of my fears about the surgery is being here.....I have learned so much from everyone, and there is so much support offered here. So many of the wonderful women here have already gone through the same things we are about to, and it's so nice to hear first hand what to expect.

Let us know tomorrow when you find out what type of surgery you are having. Once you know that, you will be able to get a better idea of your recovery and what is involved. We'll get through it, and we will be just fine!

Hang in there and take care.
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:05 AM
One week to go for me!

Hi Skinnylady. I am about two weeks away from my LAVH and I am already nervous. I can't imagine how I will be in another week. I am a homemaker also with 4 kids. I think that not being able to do anything for awhile after surgery is going to be one of the hardest things for me. I am just going to keep cleaning my house and playing with my kids now while I can. They are really good at keeping my mind off of my surgery. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Please let me know how the other side is when you feel up to it.
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Its Not a BIG Deal...everything will be fine

I am five weeks post op today...everything will be fine. My surgery was 11 days before xmas...You willl be in good hands. Don't stress about anything. Everything will be taken care of. You will be amazed that all the little things DO get accomplished...by someone other than YOU! My tips would be to take advantage of the pain pump...until you feel you no longer need it. When you do go home, take advantage of the down time to play lots of board games with the children. They will love it. Don't worry about the housework, dinners etc. It is someone else's turn to do the chores. Your children will come in very handy for lots of them. They will feel helpful if you just ask for their help. Especially when it comes to bending over to pick something up...that's the toughest! Good Luck! My Prayers are with you!
Unread 01-18-2006, 11:25 AM
One week to go for me!

Hi Skinnylady and Jessica,
My surgery is the same as both of yours...I very nervous also I dont know what to expect. I just want it over and done with.. I know in the long run, everything will be ok....

Take Care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register