Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: If you take a prescription HRT, what kind do you take?
Pill (ie. Premarin®, Ogen®, Estrace®, etc) 252 32.68%
Patch (ie. Vivelle Dot®, Climara®, etc) 259 33.59%
Branded gel or cream 56 7.26%
Compounded gel or cream 42 5.45%
Compounded troche/sublingual 14 1.82%
Implanted HRT (pellet) 10 1.30%
Birth Control Pills 9 1.17%
Injection 6 0.78%
I don't take prescription HRT or I don't take HRT at all. 155 20.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 771. You may not vote on this poll

Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take? Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take?

Unread 04-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Re: Poll: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take?

I had to switch to Vivelle Dot after having emotional breakdown on the Estradiol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2009, 03:01 PM

43 y.o.

Femring, Prometrium, Vagifem if needed, plus DHEA, Adrenal support, DHEA, and many vitamins, etc...

The cost of this all is WAY MORE than I ever expected. It was never discussed at my dr office prior to surgery. Not that it would have changed my mind though.
Unread 05-04-2009, 11:44 PM

I am 40 y.o.

I had my uterus and both ovaries removed and am on the Vivelle Dot .1mg and Prometrium 100mg daily.

I am not sure this is where I will stay. I was without HRT for 9 months and it was really was really not doing well.

My Dr. did not discuss HRT in depth at all. As a matter of fact I got the idea that there was a very good chance that I would not need it at all. I know there was never any discussion of cost. I am lucky to only pay $40.00 month on HRT, plus vitamins. It would not have impacted my decision for the surgery as being in menopause was the answer to my edometriosis for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2009, 07:40 AM

I guess I am very blessed. I take a single 1.0 mg Estradiol tablet daily. With my insurance, I pay less than $5.00 monthly! So far the pill works for me - only 4 1/2 weeks post-op. I have had no night sweats or hot flashes and my husband says that I am the most mellow I have ever been! Although yesterday I have to admit I got a little cranky, but I had been to the dentist and was overdoing things a little bit. He still loves me, though!! LOL
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM

I had a total hyst (cervix and uterus) for cervical cancer. I kept my ovaries and am not on any hormone replacement.

My husband wants you to know that my ovaries are functioning just fine thank-you-very-much. I have all those lovely PMS symptoms every month! (poor man!)

I am 45 and had my hyst last year.
Unread 05-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Currently I am on 2mg Estradiol a day. Hoping it will work, as I just went up to that dose.
Unread 05-22-2009, 10:53 AM

I new from the start I was keeping my ovaries because nothing was wrong with them but no cost of hrt talks came up I guess because of that. I wasn't told that my ovaries might not cut back on after the surgery either. Studpid me, I thought if they were working before the surgery they would work after. NOT I have ovaries and I still take estraderm 0.05 patches. My copay is $20.00 for 8. That's a months worth. Your right ladies that doesn't include all the vitamins to try to feel better. I spent about $150 on vitamins for one month.
Unread 05-23-2009, 08:30 PM

I started out with oral Estradiol (1mg) generic version of Estrace but have since switched to Vivelle Dot .075.
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:09 PM

I took premarin for a while, but after my last lap. in Aug. 2008, I'm not taking any HRT....only Estroven.
Tammy
Unread 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Compounded Troches (estrogen, progesteren and testosterone)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register