Ingrown hair or big trouble | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ingrown hair or big trouble Ingrown hair or big trouble

Unread 12-02-2013, 04:48 AM
Ingrown hair or big trouble

Hi ladies, I'm frantic. Please help. I am 4 weeks post op and 2 weeks ago I shaved with a clipper (was too scared to use a razor). My wound healed very nice, but now there's a little place where it swelled and drained a bit. Yesterday I took a thingy out with a tweezer that looked as if it could have been a hair. Or could it maybe have been a stitch. There is now a small hole in my scar. I keep cleaning it with savlon and since my TAH I shower with dettol body wash. Any help would be appreciated. I might add I am prone to ingrown hair on my legs as well. Thank you girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Re: Ingrown hair or big trouble

Hi there JaydenP, that sounds very much like an ingrown hair, I suffer from them a lot. When you pull one out they don't look like a hair that has grown on the outside, they do look a lot more like a thread. Also because you have removed this area that has been growing a lovely big hair, you are likely to get a little hole, and you are totally doing the right thing by keeping it very clean. If however it starts looking very inflamed or puss filled call your doctors office, just to get it checked. However it sounds like you have it covered honey.

Keep well fellow princess.

Unread 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Ingrown hair or big trouble

Thanks a million sweety. As I mentioned in my post, I do too. Even my legs. Got marks everywhere. You put my mind and heart at ease, thank you so much. Will keep a close eye on it and if it worsens call my doc. Enjoy your evening (((big hug for you)))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM

I had a LAVH so I had an incision on the top of my vagina. It looked as if everything was already healing then it started getting inflamed so I just thought it was an ingrown hair so I plucked the hair out but it continued to get worse, then a stitch appeared and started ozzing and bleeding. Come to find out it was a staff infection. As soon as the doctor put me on antibiotics and gave me a cream, everything started healing up. Even if you think its just an ingrown hair, I would still get it checked out. You can never be too careful! ��...dont want to scare you!!
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:56 PM

I had one right on my scar. I pulled it out and it was an ingrown hair. It swelled up and drained a little. It left a hole for a while and now it has healed to be a slightly darker spot right on my scar. I thought it was a stitch and the inside was infected and ultimately I would die! Lol! I was so scared that it was an internal infection! Turns out...ingrown hair and I would live another day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register