went to my gyno today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

went to my gyno today went to my gyno today

Unread 12-07-2005, 08:58 PM
went to my gyno today

hello ladies....i went to my gyno for my follow and my ca-125 tests results....the results were within normal limits thank god....he did agree with me,that i need a hysterectomy..he said,i have got now 10 fibroids in my uterus,a huge comple cyst the size of a softball on my left overy,i had ablation done in 03 due to severe bleeding caused from the fibroids,ive had 2 -cestions,3 d&c's,the ablation,i have 7 children,and he said he beieves i have severe endo,and my body had been put through litteraly hell..he said it is time for my chronic pain and me being miserable and in pain all the time to end,and he is going to make sure of it..he said i have so much scar tissue inside,that it was very visible on the ct scan,and ultra sound,he also said,the ablation took the linning of my uterus out,IT HAS GROWN BACK!!and thats why im starting to bleed some again...he said i could have the surgery next week,but due to me having 7 children and christmas a couple weeks away,i beeged if he could just keep me outta pain for the holidays,and do it right after..he said ok..the first week in january..he also said,due to my 2 previous c-sections,he is going to have to do the full abdominal one,where he cuts right through the same insicion i had for oth sections and go in that way....im abit nervous..but im so so so glad that i may get back to the normal person i use to be(whatever normal is).....im just excited to get it all done and over it,and get back to living talk to you all soon..they are calling me tomorrow with the exact date as the scheduler was out today with the flu(my kinda luck)so i will post and let you all know the exact date....thanks to all you wonderful ladies for being so great,and caring,and so understanding...and its soooo nice to know im not the only one dealing with this,and i dont have to feel so alone.the only thing i am worried about...my triplets will be 3 january the 17,my boy is autistic,and any kinda change reallly really sends into a tale spin...even though they are so young,if i explain the situation,and the fact that when im not with him he litterally physically gets sick,and its not out of spoiledness,its because of his autism,and im his rock,do you think if even if its for a brief time,they will let someone bring him to see me???thanks you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 09:20 PM
went to my gyno today

I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope your surgery makes you feel alot better. I can only imagine with 7 children you have your hands very full. I hope that you have help, you will need it for awhile.
My hospital would not let my dd (she was 3 at the time) into my hospital room. They said with her being so little, there were to many germs and dangers to her. She did come visit me in the lobby for a little bit and it was very rough on her and me. She was scared of my I.V., I was looking real rough, and leaving me again was very hard on her. If you can get your DS to be ok while you are gone, then I would suggest not letting him visit (I know, it is so hard). I'm just afraid it would upset him even more seeing you and then having to leave you again. It's kinda like going threw the process over and over again. This is just my opinion, but me and my dd are attached at the hip and it was very hard for her not having me around.
Is there something that your DS really enjoys? If so maybe someone can occupy his time with those things. I tried to have my dd time really filled up with her favorite things to do and it did help some.
Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait to long!!
Hugs!!
Unread 12-08-2005, 06:26 AM
went to my gyno today

I'm sending lots of hugs and good wishes your way. It sure sounds like you have a full and busy life. I have a handicapped DD and since she was not a very small child she did get to visit me when I was in the hospital. Ask the staff if your son can visit - explain why it's so important.

Best wishes.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2005, 07:38 AM
went to my gyno today

sonie,
Glad you are finally going to have the relief you need to get on with your life. But it's a tough go of it until you are healed...make sure you have lots of help.
I think both Tanner and Jeanus have made great points about the kids seeing you...here's another thought on this subject. Sometimes it's ok for kids to see mom in the hospital, it helps them to know that you really are recovering from something, and that you will need lots of help and rest. (you can still give them lots of and s!)
I wish you all the best, and pray that you feel better after your hyst.
You sound like such a strong and loving person for your family.
God's Blessings, LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register