Trying to put all the pieces together! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to put all the pieces together! Trying to put all the pieces together!

Unread 05-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Trying to put all the pieces together!

I truly feel quite puzzled these days. My surgery is set for the 15th of May and I was up until 2:30am this morning. My alarm goes off at 4:00am so today I have been kinda dazed. I have so many questions and don't know where to begin. I have had horrible periods and recently found I have fibroid tumors. My Dr. says I should go ahead and take care of it and enjoy what is ahead. This was the first Easter I did not enjoy! I couldn't dye eggs or enjoy the day because I was hurting to bad. I am having a lot of bowel problems and just had a colonosopy last week and found diverticilos and enternal hemmoroids. (FUN) I have so much pressure on my bowels that I feel like my insides are going to push out any second. Does any one have any suggestions or words of widsom? I guess I need some help putting this puzzel together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Re: Trying to put all the pieces together!

Quote:
Originally posted by puzzle
I truly feel quite puzzled these days. My surgery is set for the 15th of May and I was up until 2:30am this morning. My alarm goes off at 4:00am so today I have been kinda dazed. I have so many questions and don't know where to begin. I have had horrible periods and recently found I have fibroid tumors. My Dr. says I should go ahead and take care of it and enjoy what is ahead. This was the first Easter I did not enjoy! I couldn't dye eggs or enjoy the day because I was hurting to bad. I am having a lot of bowel problems and just had a colonosopy last week and found diverticilos and enternal hemmoroids. (FUN) I have so much pressure on my bowels that I feel like my insides are going to push out any second. Does any one have any suggestions or words of widsom? I guess I need some help putting this puzzel together!
Puzzle! WE have the same surgery date of May 15, girl! Welcome...we can do this. I was up until 2:30 three days this last week; some days I don't understand why I am still awake at 5 pm! But I think it is adrenaline rush time, to be honest. Nerves! Absolutely normal. 100% normal.

I think the best suggestion is to sit back and accept that this is the best thing to do at this time for you. That is what I did. I worried myself for a year over this, and had three opinions hoping someone would say "It is all a mistake, there is nothing wrong with your body....!" Not to be, though. Did a full circle, back to original doc, who is wonderful...and he said: "What do YOU think, Sharon?" I said: "Let's JUST do IT" - like the Nike T-Shirt.

Note I am having alot done, about 4-5 hours of surgery...so don't be feared about the back half part, pressure will be gone with surgery am sure. Most here are so GLAD they "JUST DID IT" - and life gets much better. You will see!

Post away...it helps tremendously. Everyone here is so great.
Unread 05-06-2003, 07:35 PM

You don't know how good you have made me feel! Just knowing that someone understands can really make a girl smile! So I am normal.. YEA! My surgery should take around 3 hours. What time are you scheduled? I will be thinking about you and wishing you a speedy and restful recovery! I hope you are right about the back side! Looking forward to some relief. I thank you again for your positive energy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2003, 07:44 PM

Hi puzzle

I know this is a stressful and anxious time. Please be sure to check out all the good information in the pre-op and post-op hints....links below:

Pre op Hysterectomy Articles

Post op Hysterectomy Articles

In the pre-op hints, be sure to check out "questions" to ask your doctor pre-op. Read as much as you can here, and post any further questions that come up for you.

Best Wishes!
Unread 05-06-2003, 07:53 PM

Shelly,
Thank you for your advice. I'll take you up on it and check out the web sites! I have so many questions that I know the Dr. can answer in the medical area. I guess I'm looking for feelings that only those that have been through it can share. Just knowing that someones understands and can relate to thoughts and feelings with out judging or making you feel like this is a normal thing for all women and we should all handle things the same way. Does that make sence or have I lost another piece to my puzzle! LOL
Unread 05-06-2003, 08:07 PM

Puzzle: They want me at castle at 0445 am! Ahhhh! I may as well not even go to BED the night before, huh? My surgery is at 0630 am they plan to keep me
3-5 days.

I took a notebook with NOTES and QUESTIONS to my pre-op with my doc today! He was so patient and talked with me for over 30 minutes in his office with the desk...I had numbered my questions and checked them off as I went. Like doing "business" and HE was marvelous - very good man. I kept saying: "Oh, one more question...." and he'd smile, and say "Ask away, now is your chance, it is YOUR body and I want you to feel relaxed about it all, it makes for a better surgery and recovery". I felt about 100 pounds lighter when I walked out of his office and hour later.

Good luck and stay in touch!
Unread 05-06-2003, 08:33 PM

flowersam,
Sounds like you have it all together. I know I will get it together as well. I go in to surgery at 7:30,, I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! Believing equals Recieving!
I will keep in touch and you do the same. The puzzle will be much better when the pieces that are causing problems are removed and everthing all works together again.

Lots of Luck over the next few days! Keep me posted and If I can make your day better in any way just let me know!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register