3 days to go.. LAVH Nov 11 @ 11 am | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days to go.. LAVH Nov 11 @ 11 am 3 days to go.. LAVH Nov 11 @ 11 am

Unread 11-09-2002, 09:21 AM
3 days to go.. LAVH Nov 11 @ 11 am

I am taking the surgery date and time as a good sign.
I am not sure how I am feeling right now. I feel kind of feelingless. :confuse:
At moments I want to cry, the next moment is 'gotta get the laundry done or something since I will be incapacitated next week' the next moment is 'oh well, leave it, it will get done eventually' then its 'I need to pack for the hospital stay, what do I need?' the next moment its 'cry some more' but what for..?
I have always lived my life with no direction and now all of a sudden I need directions. Where's the map ? I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how I am suppose to feel, is it right, is it wrong, is it more or less than normal,

Mon Nov 11 I have to be at Emmanuel Hospital here in Portland, Or by 9am.. Surgery is scheduled for 11am, supposedly its a 2.5 hr procedure then an hour recovery. My DH has taken a week off from work to be with me, I hope he can handle the emotional rollercoaster I may be on. That kind of worries me. If all goes well I should be home from the hospital Tues evening. I will try to get on the board Wed morning with an update.

Take care everyone!

MsKat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2002, 09:36 AM

MKat,
Well, what can I say but Good Luck. All the feelings that you are having are pretty much what I went through. I will be three weeks post op on the 11th. I'll be thinking of you. I also had a LAVH with posterior repair. It was more than I thought as far a recovering has gone. All I can say is listen to the "sisters" and take it easy. I thought "Golly, I'm in good shape so I'll heal quicker!" Well, I was humbled and have been dictated by my body. However, you're lucky that you have your DH to stay home with you and let him do EVERYTHING ! Your job is to sleep and walk when you can and heal ! Again, Good Luck and enjoy your weekend. E-mail me any time . Patt
Unread 11-09-2002, 01:55 PM

Well, I know it's quick and scary, but what a relief to finally be past all this dreading anyway!

My guess, there are hundreds of women holding your hand through the whole thing! Hang in there sweetie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2002, 02:02 PM
frazzled!!!

Ms Kat,
The time waiting before is soooo hard..I am about one and half weeks out postop..I was fine until a few days before surgery. Then my emotions were up and down all kinds of feelings.
The feed back I got here made it seem normal.
I am feeling stronger every day and still have some of the up and down emotions but not that bad for not being on HRT!
You will do fine......best of luck to you
Unread 11-09-2002, 03:13 PM

Please don't worry about all the different emotions you are feeling. Believe me they are normal. I too will be going in on Monday the 11th for my LAVH so I know exactly how you are feeling right about now. Good luck! And keep in touch with us all on you'r recovery.
Patricia
Unread 11-09-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm with you!

Hi MsKat,
I too am scheduled for Monday! And possibly the same procedure.
Planning on TVH, may turn out to be LAVH or TAH. Not knowing what the doctor is going to find in there is a big source of my anxiety.
I feel like I'm still on a roller coaster ride that is way over due for pulling into the station.
I'm thinking good thoughts and sending good vibes (Feel them?) to all us ladies in waiting....
Hang in there...your not alone!
Unread 11-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Hope it's "normal"

I sure hope what you're feeling is normal, because I could have written your post myself -- well, except that my TAH/BSO is first thing Monday morning (have to be there at 5:45 AM). I was hoping that the 11/11 was a good-luck sign. If so, you're going to be super-lucky!

Take care and get plenty of rest between now and Monday. I made a to-do list, and then crossed off everything that wasn't essential and figured that I'd get a head-start on the rest and pampering!

Best wishes to Clair and Patricia and all the rest of us 11/11 LIW. We're about to get that crown, and ticket to a better life.

Emma

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register