did you know???? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

did you know???? did you know????

Unread 05-28-2005, 07:51 AM
did you know????

I work as a Dental Assistant. I have never heard of not doing a cleaning (restorative work) after a surgery. If you had a joint replacement or open heart surgery, you may need to take prophylactic antibiotic before a dental procedure. I really don't know what they were talking about!

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Had mine cleaned

I was only 7 days post-op and I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned with no problems. I have braces and had just been to the ortodontist, he removed my wires so I could go have my teeth cleaned. Both of them knew of my surgery and said it was not a problem but there were no medicines involved.
Unread 05-28-2005, 01:08 PM
did you know????

Hi, I am a dental assistant also and have never heard of such a thing. We usually keep you in the room until any bleeding is under control, but you usually bleed when having major work, not cleanings or fillings. As a matter of fact, it is better to have your teeth cleaned to help control any bacteria in the mouth. And as Brenda stated, we take extra precautions with certain medical problems (joint replacement, MVP or other heart conditions as warranted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 07:27 PM
did you know????

????????????Never heard of such a thing...it is very important to have all this stuff done before surgery...and as soon as you feel up to that dental appt. post-op hysterectomy. (6 mos.???)

The only time you'd need to have to take all those antibiotics just before your prophy or restorative work done is if you have MVP, joint replacement, past rheumatic fever...your dentist or RDH needs to update your medical history everytime you come in.

It is most important if you are having "just" a cleaning, as we dental hygienists do deep scaling at times and draw more blood than "just" a filling : ) The reason for this is that you do not develope a bacteremia in the blood stream (VERY serious)!

Plumie RDH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register