chronic UTIS and kidney infections | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

chronic UTIS and kidney infections chronic UTIS and kidney infections

Unread 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM
chronic UTIS and kidney infections

I had at age 33 A total hysterectomy after being diagnosed in 2010 wirh stage lll Endometriosis that caused severe adhesions and scar tissue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Re: new member

Hi there! How are you feeling?
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Re: new member

Thank you so much for asking. I was wondering after or before your hysterectomy did you ever have chronic UTIS and kidney infections. What could it be caused from. Any advice would be appreciated.
Claudia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Re: chronic UTIS and kidney infections

Have you had cultures that definitely identify an infection? I ask because while women can get a UTI after a hysterectomy, they usually are not chronic. However, women with endometriosis have a higher instance of a painful bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS) which can feel like a UTI but there is no actual infection present.

in there! s
Unread 02-17-2014, 03:36 PM

Thank you so much for your help this is very frustrating. The answer in regards too UTI labs since 12/2013 I have been 6 antibiotics, one kidney stone and a kidney infection. My urine sometimes shows nothing and many other times elevated bacteria,keytones,protein,blood, WBC,RBC..ETC. They want me too see a Urologist and I have at that time my urine was fine. Two weeks later here it happens again UTI. My hysterectomy they took everything. They just put me on antibiotics. They did bladder and kidney ultrasound they said it was o.k. Im tired of this and now im black sheep in my family bc they say your always sick like I've chosen this. Any thoughts.
Claudia
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:59 PM

(((Claudia)))

It could be low estrogen causing your bladder pain and UTI symptoms. Ask your doctor if you are able to use some vaginal estrogen cream like Estrace. I used to have nearly chronic UTI's and the estrogen cream has really helped me.
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:14 AM

I'm following this thread bc I've had chronic UTI's/kidney infections myself all related to endometriosis. I recently had a cystscopy which was normal? So frustrating! Please keep us posted and sorry to hear if your problems.

Ps. My urologist wanted to put me on antibiotics once a day for three months but I opted out. I figure I'm always sick add as is why ruin what little immune system I have left?
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly50 View Post
(((Claudia)))

It could be low estrogen causing your bladder pain and UTI symptoms. Ask your doctor if you are able to use some vaginal estrogen cream like Estrace. I used to have nearly chronic UTI's and the estrogen cream has really helped me.
I agree with this. I had recurring UTI's and once I was put on Vagifem they have greatly improved.
Unread 02-23-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmctexas View Post
Hi there! How are you feeling?
I fill ok its just upsetting jump one from illness to another. Im sick of taking antibiotics and my doc wants me too see a Urologist again but I have no insurance a single mom that had a husband walk out on us and helps out zero. Due to divorce he says I can rack up anymore medical bills till after divorce. Not happy
Unread 02-23-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmallory View Post
I'm following this thread bc I've had chronic UTI's/kidney infections myself all related to endometriosis. I recently had a cystscopy which was normal? So frustrating! Please keep us posted and sorry to hear if your problems.

Ps. My urologist wanted to put me on antibiotics once a day for three months but I opted out. I figure I'm always sick add as is why ruin what little immune system I have left?
Yes so frustrated it just builds up immunity to them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register