Surgery set - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Surgery set

Just a slight clarification.
A bikini cut is horizontal (side to side)
A vertical cut is up and down
My surgery isn't until May. I have been waiting since December. It is hard to wait too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Surgery set

Hi, my surgery date is also April 11 and I'm going a little nuts waiting. I've know about my date for a while now and this waiting is terrilbe. I still haven't gotten everything done that I need to, and I'm sure that I won't. Just know when you go to the castle alot of us will be there too! I have to be there at 5:30 in the morning, but my surgery isn't till 7:30. If you'd like to vent about anything feel free to send me an email! J.D.
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Surgery set

J.D.

I go to the castle the day after you. I have to be there at 5am and my surgery is for 7am.

I am also going nuts. Trying to get everything done and yet I am so much pain that it is hard to make it through one day at work let alone all the additional things I need to do.

But what I get done I get done and what I don't oh well.

I will be thinking about you and hope all goes well.

I will send you a message after my surgery and check on you.

BIG HUGS

Kat

PS. The following day after your surgery will be the first day of the rest of your life..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2005, 04:29 PM
April 11 for me, too!

Hi - I am also scheduled for 4/11. I am a lot calmer this week than when I first discovered this site and the wealth of info on it! I do not have pre-op until Tuesday - so I still am not sure what all will be done, but I am on the surgry schedule for the LAVH with BSO and A and P repair. I saw my urologist and he will scope my bladder on the 5th and see if I will need the Anterior part of the A and P repair, or not. I may not need bladder repair, so I guess that's a big plus. Not exactly looking forward to the bladder scope, though! I am assuming it's a fiberoptic "catheter-like" instrument - owie! I was freaking out over the OVARY - to keep or not dilemma - but feel more secure in my decision to remove them than initially. I will ask more questions at pre-op and go from there... I wish all of you well and feel free to PM me so we can all stress out together!
Tessa
Unread 03-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Surgery set

Hello, We share the same date. I know what you are going though. I have my pre-op. on Tuesday. I get a little reaked out some days but I am trying not to think about it. I will be praying for you and hope all go's well. It seems there are a lot of people that share the same day here. Thant is so neat. I hope everyone trys to enjoy there last weekend with there (girl) you uterus, we all need have a going away party for are not so better half.... and say our final goodbyes.
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Surgery set

I'm having a TAH and my preop isn't until the 8th, my dr also say he would do a bikini cut i told him I wasn't too worried about that since I probably wouldn't be in a bikini and he said well you never know, maybe he is right maybe after this I will be more motivated to get back in shape. It just blows my mind to know that others here have had the same thoughts and fears that I have, and it is very comforting to know that I am not alone. thanks for support it sure helps to be able to talk to those who have been there. I'm 44 will be 45 in May, the name poppie is what my 4 year old grandson calls me. my ds and gds are staying with us so it will be interesting to see how he handles all of this since alot of the time I'm the only one he wants doing stuff for him.
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Surgery set

Hey Sisters!!

My surgery is scheduled for the 11th as well. My pre-op lab appt is on 4/7. I'm having a TAH, BSO, and burch urethropexy. My doc said I will have a bikini cut as well. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I can pee after and won't have to come home with a catheter.

Hubby and I were supposed to get together with the grandkids tomorrow. They both have had colds, so we cancelled. I don't even want to deal with getting a cold and taking the chance on having my surgery postponed.

I've got to get my house cleaned and organized. I've been trying to do a little in my yard as well since it's been nice.

Boy, I enjoy this website.

Take care,

Rhonda
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Keep in touch Everyone!

Hi again everyone!
We will all need to stay in touch.
I have to agree with solamente_fe, I am much calmer this week than I was. Sleeping better even though I don't have all done that I want to do. I figure I have this wkend and next to get the majority of it done.
They can have my ovaries. I was hoping yrs ago that they'd fall out while walking and I'd just keep going. But no luck! I am scheduled for 7:15 a.m. surgery. It will be a long day for hubby!
I thought abt donating blood for myself but they told me I really don't need to.
Take care everyone! Hope your evening is good!

Unread 03-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Surgery set

Hey Caroline!

I see you're going to have a birthday in May......me too. My b-day is 5/24. When is yours?

Rhonda
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Surgery set

Indygem, my birthday is may 17 I will be 45, i dont feel it ,smetimes I still feel like a kid waiting on someone to tell me what to do. what year were you born?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register