What to expect? | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to expect? What to expect?

Unread 06-14-2008, 04:27 PM
From Bruce Ms.

Hello,
I live just north of Oxford. Ijust had a endometerial ablation in february and i am still having heavy bleeding.I have an appt.with my doctor on the 25th I feel he will schedule a hysterectomy.i have done alot of research on hysterecomies and came across hyster sisters is there anyone out there who can tell me what exactly to expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2008, 11:05 PM
what to expect

Hey there net1.
You wanted to know what to expect, where do you want to start?? I am 2wks, 3days TAH BSO and feeling great. Scan (lurk) through the forums here at HysterSisters and you will find lots of great info and resources (for instance: I could not be without my tummy binder thingie that I bought through the website store, and my chillow has been a lifesaver to use as a cool pack on my belly after surgery.) Or you could mail to me directly if you want my (full and goofy) story.
One important thing: if you decide on a hysterectomy and the doc recommends a TAH, ask about the anesthesia, my doc and anesthesiologist did an epidural in addition to the general (to help with the post-op pain) and it was incredible! I have chatted with lots of ladies who did not get an epidural in addition to the general and their experience was not as, shall we say pleasant, as my experience was. Good luck and let me know how else I can help.
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:02 AM
What to expect?

Hi there! You've found the right website! I spent hours and hours on here, reading about other women's stories and struggles before I decided for the hyst. Every woman is different. My experience was very positive, I had some pain afterwards but it was controlled. And now months later, I feel great! Once you find out which type of hyst, you can search the boards for more specific advice based on that. Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2008, 08:12 AM
What to expect?

I had an ablation in June of 2007. Had amazing results until this last November. Tremendous bleeding and pain. They found some masses inside my uterus and feel that it may be edenomyosis. They can not diagnosis this until they take out the uterus. My doctor is amazing and she feels that my only option to a pain free lifestyle is a TVH. This site is amazing and I hope you find the answers that you are looking for. I am scheduled for July 8th. Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions. GOOD LUCK!!!
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:47 PM
What to expect?

Hi net1

I'm sorry you're still having heavy bleeding. I know how awful that can be. Here are some links that might be helpful to you before your appointment.

Hysterectomy Recommended to you?

Directory of links for Alternatives / Options

Options Articles

A second opinion is a good idea before any major medical decision. The more you learn/know before your appointments, the better prepared you'll be for questions & discussion about what's right for *you.*

Keep us posted. We'll be here for you.
Beth
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:19 AM
What to expect?

Thanks for all the replys i'm still searching the web for info. i feel certain i will have to have hysterectomy have had 2 periods already this month.feel drained and washed out am taking iron but still weak.hope to get releif soon.
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM
What to expect?

do lots of research on the different types of hysterectomies before your appt so you know what to ask the dr. decide whether you want to keep your ovaries and cervix if they are healthy. the more informed you are before the appt, the better you will understand what your dr is telling you. good luck
Unread 06-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Having TAH

Having TAH ON JULY 15TH 2008 AM A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT EVERYTHING.JUST WANT TO GET IT OVER WITH AM HAVING OVARIES AND FALLIIPION TUBES REMOVED AS WELL.PLEASE GIVE ME ANY FEEDBACK.
Net1

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register