spotting | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM
spotting

I had my TAH on the 6th of March. so that is 8 weeks ago. I have a family home daycare. My Dr allowed me to start back to work last week. seemed to be doing well until last night when I noticed I was spotting. I called Dr office and Dr not in today. nurse will run it by her tomorrow says to take it easy. I have 10 kids here everyday. I guess good thing it is Friday tomorrow. anyone else have this problem??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Re: spotting

I was not spotting at first, but then at 3 weeks, I have a bit, just enough to be on the toilet paper and only in the morning, but as this is new, it's a concern for me. I'll hope you'll let us know what your doctor said. I called my gyno but the receptionist just said "ask your family doctor" argh! I certainly am not going to have my family doctor take a peek in there at this time! Another sister said I could ask my family doc for a referral back to gyno. Might do that. I'll also post what I learn.
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:09 AM

nurse called me back this morning. she said Dr not to worried. I should call back if it gets heavier or last until Monday. It has slowed down today. I plan on taking it easy this weekend. I just really thought by 8 weeks this would be better. goes to show that even though I thought I was healed that my insides are still recovering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Hi Vallier!

I had off and on spotting for up to 6 months after my hysterectomy. It generally occured because I was doing too much and spotting is the bodies way of letting you know when you are overdoing.

I'm very glad its Friday! 10 kids?!?

Wow! that is a BIG job...take it easy on yourself when this day is over and REST REST REST this weekend. If with rest you keep spotting you really need to go be seen by your doctor ASAP.

Good Luck!!
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Thank you for the update, Vallier. This is reassuring. I managed to get by the "gatekeeper" (receptionist) at my surgeon's office when I tried the second time. I now have an appointment for Thurs next week. Called our province's phone support health line where the nurse told me that it wasn't an emergency unless I started bleeding heavily. So far, so good.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register