Everything went great | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Everything went great Everything went great

Unread 07-29-2002, 02:36 PM
Everything went great

I want all pre ops to know it has been 2 months since my surgery and I feel great. The 2 weeks after the surgery is tough. But if you read you will know what to expect and you will get by. I dont think you hear from people as often who have a good experience. I havent been back to the sight since about 3 to 4 weeks. I sat everyday for 3 months before scared to death, thinking I was going to die or something bad was going to happen and change me for life , reading the storys helped, about a day or two before my surgery I felt ready. I even went to the post op board reading what was happening to them. I had a tah and 1 ovarie removed, kept my cervix. I got up in the hospital as much as I could and made myself walk. For 7 days it was hard. But everyday got better. The more you walk and drink the better and quicker you heal. At 2 months I feel real good. I really wanted you all to have the chance to know they do have lots of cases where at 2 months people are totally back to normal. Those are the people who go back to there life. And they dont post again.....this sight for me was wonderful and I think it would help to give some happy stories! Best of luck to all of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Everything went great

Thank you for telling a great story. While I know of many older women who got hysterectomies back in the 70's, I only have two friends who have had a hyst.... one went very badly and the other went well. I am sure that most go very well but you only ever hear about the bad things. Thank you for the good news.

I have my hyst starting at 7:30am on Monday morning (8/5). It is a TAH-RSO and I am having it because of chronic pelvic pain due to endo and severe pelvic congestion. I have had a pain mapping done and know that the pain is definately coming from my uterus and right ovarian and uterine veins. I have hope it will end the 12 years of pain.... but I know from previous operations that sometimes it take a few months before you start to feel alot better (This might be different since before they were "fixing" what was hurting and leaving it in ... this time it just coming out!).

Thank you again for your story. I am finding myself thinking about the upcoming surgery alot and worrying that I won't have everything done I need to get done beforehand (I have 4 kids and I'm trying to make sure they are all set for Grandma and Grandpa to care for). Bye for now. Sarah
Unread 07-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Everything went great

Thanks for taking the time to come back and post jlo. And you're right. The sisters get to feeling better and even good and they go back to a normal full life...so we don't hear from them. And that is how it should be. You are very kind to share your experience and let those who are waiting know that there is a good life ( after recovery) on the other side!!!!

I wish you continued success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Everything went great

Thank you so much. I have 2 weeks to go and some days I'm OK and others all I can do is cry. Hearing from ladies like you makes me feel a lot better.

I am glad you are doing so well.
Unread 07-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Everything went great

Thank You hearing happy stories is what I need. I am terrified of complications after that will ruin my life forever. Happy stories help.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register