Okay, so where do the eggs go now & how is the ovary just hanging there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay, so where do the eggs go now & how is the ovary just hanging there? Okay, so where do the eggs go now & how is the ovary just hanging there?

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Okay, so where do the eggs go now & how is the ovary just hanging there?

I know I can ask the dr when I see him in a few more weeks, but I am wondering if you gals can help me understand this.

I have 1 ovary left. Would dr have moved ovary & attached it to my vagina cuff? I'm thinking the eggs (ovum) are probably so microscopic small that they just get released into my insides and get absorbed naturally?

I have looked around a bit through the resource material, but haven't been able to work this one out on my own?

I'd appreciate any advices.
Thanks & again, thanks to the great hyster-sisters website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:27 AM

Pwg,

I can't tell you how your ovary is staying where it is, I have the same question there as my one remaining ovary was moved up near my rib cage to be out of the way of pelvic radiation. However, I have asked (rather my DH asked) what happens to the eggs when they are released and my doc said that they are absorbed into your system, just as you had thought.
Unread 09-27-2006, 09:25 AM

My dr said he tacked up my ovaries to the part of the round ligament that was still there after removing the rest of it w/ the uterus. he said not all dr's do that, but he does b/c otherwise they and the tubes can fall down and be right there on the other side of the vaginal cuff and that for some people, during sex, it can hurt as they are jostled around, so he personally always tacks them up out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 09:34 AM

My doc said ovaries are attached to the ligaments that used to be attached to the uterus. He said this in answering my question "What is keeping my vagina from falling out?". So apparently it helps prevent vaginal prolapse in addition to keeping the ovaries in place. Eggs just get absorbed into our body.
Unread 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Thanks for the info - I appreciate it! Have a good day - take care everyone!
I pampered myself yesterday & gave myself a french manicure (on my hands) - going to see if hubby will paint my toenails tomorrow? Might as well milk it, eh?! Hahahahahaha
No seriously, I am quite happy to assist my m-in-law with some light housework as long as I stay clear of her in the kitchen (I can go work at the table) as I don't want to risk her bumping into me!!!
Catch you later

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register