heaviness and pressure, anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

heaviness and pressure, anyone? heaviness and pressure, anyone?

Unread 06-24-2005, 09:49 AM
heaviness and pressure, anyone?

I am 11 days po and for the most part have no major complaints. Not on pain meds, taking benadryl for insomnia, I have even ovulated (just had uterus and tubes removed) but my complaint is the heaviness and pressure that I have in the pelvic area/around incision. It is fine when I get up in the morning but when I go to sit in a chair that is when it starts. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem? Would a light panty girdle provide me with some relief? It just feels like the bottom is going to fall out. I have my follow up appointment on Monday, June 27 but if it is possible I would like to have some answers and a possible solution before then.

I did call my dr.'s office, he is out today and the nurse had no idea if this was normal, go figure!!

Any insight is highly appreciated.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 09:55 AM

I still have the heaviness feeling. Mine seems to be when i get up from sitting. I have to stand all day at my job and after a few hrs. i feel like everything is going to fall out. I tried the panty girdle and it hurt me so bad i couldn't stand it, but i've read on here that it has helped some sisters.

TAH/LSO due to dermoid cyst and large fibroids
Unread 06-24-2005, 10:32 AM

I am 8 days post-op and I also have the same heavy feeling. Mine is more when I'm standing/walking than sitting. I actually feel it more at the end of the day. From all of the posts I've seen on this site, I think this is normal.
I haven't tried the panty girdle. Not sure if I could handle that yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 10:44 AM

I'm 7 weeks post op and still have that heavy feeling some days when I over do it. It was really bad for the first 3 weeks post op. I couldn't even walk without help. I walked all hunched over and it didn't matter if I was sitting/ standing or even lying down....it always felt like my inside were pushing there way out of me. I described it like having the pressure from labor when the baby just decided they are coming NOW and there is nothing you can do about it!!!! It got better after 3 weeks and now I only feel it once in awhile.

Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there....it gets better everyday...
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:01 PM

I am 23 days post op and I have the pressure and heaviness. It happens after I sit or stand for long periods of time. When I get up sometimes it feels like my insides are going to fall out too. I am also having bad nightmares. It will just take time I guess to get over this, but I don't regret it a minute.
Unread 06-24-2005, 05:15 PM

Thanks for everyones input. It lets me know that I am not alone but I definitely agree with you greeneyedlady I still do not regret my decision because if it was not for this heaviness I would feel perfect. Oh well, I guess in time this too shall pass.
Unread 06-25-2005, 08:35 AM

Can I ask how you know you ovulated? I mean we don't have periods anymore without the uterus. I kept ovaries, too.

If this is a dumb question, I apologize.
Unread 06-25-2005, 09:14 AM

Hello,

I experienced what you have about that time and I found placing an ice pack on my belly and lower pelvic area for about 15 minutes helped to relieve the pressure and pain. Maybe it will help you too.

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-25-2005, 09:50 AM

To Newscat:

No, it's not a dumb question. Two years ago I read, "Taking Control Of Your Fertility," and it taught you that you take your temperature each day usually starting the third day of your period and once you have three high temps you know that you have ovulated. Basicially this is the basal temp. method and since I have been taking my temp for the last two years I still did it out of habit as well as to see if I was still ovulating and how long it would take. Once your temp drops you also know you are going to start your period which I am interested to see how that works since I do still have my cervix. I will keep you posted if you are interested.

Tshel:

Thanks for the advice I will try the ice pack and see how that works.
Unread 06-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Hi Mochalover
I too felt that heaviness and pulling feeling but believe it or not, the best solution I found was to go out for a long walk. Even though you might not feel like it, walking improves the circulation to your pelvic area (where you're healing) and will actually help to loosen all that tightness you're feeling and relieve some of the pressure. Plus it helps to build up stamina. Try it... you'll feel better for it.
Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register