LAVH I wouldnt change anything except how long i waited to hv this done | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I wouldnt change anything except how long i waited to hv this done I wouldnt change anything except how long i waited to hv this done

Unread 02-20-2014, 02:29 PM
I wouldnt change anything except how long i waited to hv this done

Surgery date 1-31-14
After surgery I was in a lot of pain im prone to migraines and something with the surgery set one off. My blood pressure was high and they had trouble getting it down. It was a rough night but by morning all was well and i was released in the afternoon.

The first few days were hard, my 18yr old was my care taker, bless his heart... I had pre cooked some meals but his 6'3 200 lb self ate most of them, i didnt hv much of an appietite.

I did not hv a bowel movement four four days and when i did i was calling on God , Jesus, Buhda, & a few others for help.. And that was even though i syarted the stool stofners early.

I hv bn drinking lots of water & eating more veggies than i ever hv. The nurses recommend mucelix it has helped a lot

I lost my cervix uterus and tubes
I was bruised up pretty good and racked with gas four maybe almost the 1st 2weeks, now the briuses hv faded and the gas has passed lol.... I hv lost 15 pounds since my surgery date. Weight that i needed to lose. I hv not bn excercising other than a little walking but i know i jv bn eating less and better in general.. Also i believe my 4 (6cm tumors) were soaking up nutrients from me.

B4 surgery in adition to years of HEAVY periods and Painful abdomen issues i had taking birth control pills even though my tubes were tied and i also hd novasute abalation therapy... Anyway it got to the point where i could feel one of the tumors with my hand and i was constantly up all night urinating so i was tired all day every day...

Since the surgery i no longer hv that problem, slthough i now hv cramping when i urinate. The doctor says its just my bladder waking up and that this will go away.

I really believe that once i am fully healed i will be 150% better than i was... Im just sorry and mad that it took this long yo find out what the issue was. i know i did not hv to hv a full hysterectomy to get rid of the Tumors But i did not want to risk them coming back...

So far this is the best dec i could hv made and i was so scared b4 the operation. I just wanted to let any ladies know that there will be pain BUT it wont last gorever!!

Good Luck and God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Re: I wouldnt change anything except how long i waited to hv this done

Congrats to you on your recovery! I am 8 days po and dreaming of the day when I can resume normal activities - and drop a few pounds. Doc took my uterus and cervix, and she said she found *something* on my left ovary, but excised it and left the ovary. I've had a very good week of progress, but feel today has been a bit of a setback. So it was good to read your upbeat report. Thanks for sharing!
Unread 02-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Re: I wouldnt change anything except how long i waited to hv this done

Im glad it helped...
And your day is coming.
Keep dinking your fluids and walking a little does help the gas.. I didnt think it would but it does...

Good luck & God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register