Almost 2 weeks post hysterectomy - I feel a little dizzy @ times and I have pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 2 weeks post hysterectomy - I feel a little dizzy @ times and I have pain Almost 2 weeks post hysterectomy - I feel a little dizzy @ times and I have pain

Unread 01-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Almost 2 weeks post hysterectomy - I feel a little dizzy @ times and I have pain

I feel a little dizzy @ times and I have pain. I had a bit of a rough night last night had pain was off & on. I wound up taking one of my pain meds didn't really want to I'm not really a pill person. I only take them if I absolutely need them. Had a headache on the right side of my head also,I think my house is dry that could of been why. I hope I don't have these pains for long,@ times they can be excruciating ! It's actually worse than child birth I think. I was doing dishes and taking showers by myself but I stopped the shower thing & let my husband help me again. As for the dishes,i don't want to talk bad about my hubby but they don't get clean & it grosses me out and I can't eat off a nasty dish! I feel bad saying that. I did tell him though. Even if I stand for 5 or 10 mins. Is that okay or no ? I do walk around but my house isn't exactly very big. Is it okay when I'm sitting on my couch to have my legs up,like bent like up to my stomach almost ? I was letting my dog outside to but stopped that also. My older step son came and took him out. I have tried breathing in & out from the pain and it seems to work. Would it be a bad idea to eat ice cream ? Any comments or suggestions would be wonderful thanks so much sisters !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Re: Almost 2 weeks into my recovery

It's important to stay ahead of your pain and take your pain medication on a regular schedule. That way you're not in excruciating pain. It's possible your pain meds may have caused your dizziness and headache. If you don't like the way they make you feel, call your doctor and request something different. I was prescribed Percocet once after knee surgery. I had terrible side effects. I had to ask the doctor for something different at a lower dose. He laughed and said most people usually want something stronger. But if your pain is that severe, call and request something different.

Also, listen to your body. If it hurts, don't do it. If there are dirty dishes and it hurts to do them, don't do them. Eventually someone else in the house will realize they need something to eat off of and will hopefully do them. If ice cream makes you feel better, go for it and eat some! Recovery is a marathon, not a a race. It is a one step foward, two steps back kind of thing.

Unread 01-19-2016, 10:42 PM

Honey, take your pain pills. You will feel better. I would wake up in the middle of the night in pain. It took almost the next dose to feel better. Sit down and rest for a minute. I know the feeling about the house, Paper plates and cups help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2016, 11:33 PM

Eat ice cream, sit in the most comfortable position, and do what I should have done - eat on paper plates. As the swelling went down in week two, I had to start taking pain pills again. Also, if you were instructed to use ibuprofen, take them on a regular schedule as a pain preventative and anti-inflammatory.

I understand your frustration about the dirty dishes. My husband washes one dish at a time with the nastiest sponge, using what seems like half a bottle of dish detergent for each dish. I try to hide the sponge or throw it away and he always finds it. Makes my stomach clench thinking about it. Letting the housework pile up was one of the most frustrating parts of resting/recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register