Need help! Sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help!  Sex? Need help! Sex?

Unread 01-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Need help! Sex?

Happy New Year HysterSisters!

Okay, I know it sounds stupid but I'm looking for some experience here. I've been bleeding almost constantly since 12/10. Castle date 1/7. Uteran fibroids (all outside), ovarian cyst (R), (4cm). Lots of pain. Other than being very yucky, does anyone know if sex is out of the question at this point? I've told dh if nothing else, 1/6 will be our big day b-4 the castle. I figure at that point if something ruptures & I end up in the ER, surgery is the next morning anyway. My pre-op appointment with DR is 1/3 and it's on my list to ask, but I thought one of you ladies may have been through this.

This whole ordeal is stressful enough without loosing your release valve!????????

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Hi Brenda

Sweety get on that phone and call that as you said you don't need to loose that release valve! Sounds like you need to talk to the DR anyway that couldn't be good to bleed all the time. So get on that horn and call. God Bless and cyer and for comfort.
Unread 01-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Need help! Sex?

Thanks Frances! I'll may give the exchange a call tomorrow. Of course, Wed. they're closed! lol. But then again, I'll be there on Thur. anyway so I may just take care of it then. What's another day? Since I'm done taking down Christmas now I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day and see what happens.

Take care and God bless!

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Need help! Sex?

Can I ask a stupid question? What is a release valve (sorry never heard of it before)
Unread 01-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Need help! Sex?

I don't know exactly what you're going through, but if I was you I would just "take care of my husbands needs in other ways, if you know what I mean
But your will know what's best for you when you see him at your appointment.
KayeKaye
Unread 01-01-2002, 05:43 PM
MJ64 this is my definition of release valve!

During my 31 years of marriage I have been to say the least an agressive person when it came to sex . Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but anyway lots of time when the stress and troubles of the day get to you it is a good release. My DH and I have always had a good sex life, except for the last few years when it became painful. Anyway hope this explains it to the best of my ability. The last few years I have not had much of a release valve grrrr so the surgery was such a relief for me and my DH. God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register