concerns at 7 wks. post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

concerns at 7 wks. post op concerns at 7 wks. post op

Unread 03-22-2005, 06:57 PM
concerns at 7 wks. post op

It was 7 wks. yesterday since my surgery. I did great for the first 6 wks. I did take it easy and was careful, but I was able to do stairs and bend over from the time I came home. I never needed pain meds either since I came home. This was in spite of the fact that I had a catheter for the first 2 wks. I started taking my walks again when that was removed and went back to work at 4 wks. with no problems except getting a bit tired. I also was able to get back in all my clothes right away. I had my 6 wk. post op exam last Mon. and the Dr. said everything looked good, but to keep in mind that it would be another 2 or 3 months before I was fully healed internally. So I thought I was on my way to returning to my life with a few minor adjustments. Then this last wk. I have been discouraged because I have been getting new discomforts and the swelling problem which was nearly gone has not only returned, but increased. Nothing I am experiencing seems bad enough to call the Dr. though. I did try to start my previous morning exercise routine the day after my Dr. appt. I quit after a couple days because of the way I was feeling. Also, the weekend before my appt. I had done a lot of physical type work (without lifting). I didn't feel discomfort while I was doing those things. Now I wonder if overdoing might have brought on what I am experiencing. Other than the swelling, what I am having is minor aches and twinges, (an ache in my lower lft. area lasted a couple days), passing stinging and pulling sensations, occasionaly sharp shooting pains that come and go, and some unidentifiable weird sensations. I also feel pressure on my bladder and in my vagina at times, but I have gotten that right along, especially when I had swelling. I don't know whether I am worrying about this needlessly, or if I just need to pay attention to my body and ease off on my activity some. It actually is getting somewhat better now than it was a few days ago. I'd love some input on this. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 07:51 PM

I posted on the 8 weeker thread. TAH 1-25. Last week at 7 1/2 wks I did pilates on Wed., Taebo on Thurs and during my 1 hr power walk (which I have been doing since 1 mo) I ran intermittenterly 2 miles. And on Sat I had my first sexual experience. I had felt great at 6 & 7 wks with no pain or swelling. Sun I was in pain and the right side pain returned and so did the swelly belly. I am still swollen and sore today. I power walked but can't run. I also worried did I damage myself or is this normal. I was so careful to wait until the Dr. released me. Is this to be expected to get back in shape? My s/s are the same as yours. This is hard. I want to be back to normal!!!
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:56 PM

Hello By the River Sister! I'll be 7 weeks this Thursday, and like you too I have been doing so well. No pain meds since the 2nd. day home, bending, doing stairs etc. I have been careful not to lift anything heavy. I just returned to work Monday and then did something real stupid when I got home....I finished painting my kitchen! But you know what? Other then a few twinges and some sore mussles, I think I'm fine. I'm REAL tired,but was before my TAH/BSO. The Doc released me and I don't see him for a year. But after reading your post, I wonder if I need to slow down. I have some swelling, but not much. I just feel so much better and since I'm not having any complications I kind of forget that I'm still healing. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones; but I hate to push my luck. Know what I mean? I mean how much is too much, if you're feeling good? Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register