3 weeks from today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks from today... 3 weeks from today...

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:36 AM
3 weeks from today...

I shall be in the hospital having a Total abdominal hysto, and possible oopherectomy, and excision of endo lesions.....I am scared to death....emotional, and feel like I am loosing it!! Am I normal??

HELP!!!

found this wonderful board from a message on webmd and am so glad I did.

Poor hubby has been so supportive through all the visits and last weeks surgery to fix what couldnt be fixed by a lap. I am tired.... and not sleeping well.

Is it ok to take tylenol pm now since the surgery is weeks away yet??? anyone know???

Looking for a way to calm myself so my 8 year old doesnt get worried too!!

I think I am most worried about how I will feel post op...this is my first "real" surgery. the lap wasnt anywhere near as bad as my periods every month so that was a breeze.

gosh girls....were you all this nerotic (sp?) before the big day?

sigh

sindee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:53 AM
3 weeks from today...

(((((sindee)))))

It is normal to be nervous before any major surgery. If there is no medical reason why you cannot take Tylenol PM, I don't see why you can't take it now since surgery is a little while off. I would just be careful to only take it when absolutely necessary. You don't want to get used to having to take it in order to get to sleep.

Just keep telling yourself how much better life will be after you've healed and won't have periods anymore with the pain I'm sure you've been having because of the endo.

s
Pam
Unread 04-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Me too!

I am 3 weeks today as well. Let me tell you the waiting is terrible. I am not sleeping well but that is also due to pain due to an enlarged cyst on my ovary as well as the nerves. I also worry about my kids seeing me sick all of the time, I will be glad when they can see me smile again. My youngest 9 now says "how are you feeling today mom" before good morning.

I wish you all the luck in the waiting, this site certainly does give me my daily dose of courage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 01:50 PM
I feel for you!

Sindee, I feel your grief and anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Been there done that!(I am post op 5days from TAH)I had my self so worked up before the surgery. Do you work? Sometimes that helps. I worked up untill 3days before surgery. Try to channel your anxiety into doing things like preping the house for your post op time. CLEAN!!!!!!!God knows you will be doing none of that post op for at leaset 6 weeks! Grocery shop. Fix your home so it is easy for you to get around. Im very clumsey so I needed to make a clear path from the bedroom to that bathroom. Remove clutter and throw rugs. Get a team of people who can and will help. Also go for a walk! Do you belong to a church? Do you have a hobby? Well Good luck and if I can do anything else to help just ask!!!!!!!Hugs! Angela
Unread 04-02-2002, 02:01 PM
3 weeks from today...

I can definitely understand the pre-op nerves!!!! A couple of weeks before my TAH I asked a nurse about taking Tylenol PM since I was having problems sleeping through the night. She told me I could take it up to three days before my surgery (I did discontinue taking it before that, though).

You might want to check with your doctor just to be sure.

Your Hyster Sister,

Chris
Unread 04-03-2002, 10:08 AM
Girls.....

you are all so wonderful. I am having a good day today. I slept through the night with the help of Tylenol PM (doc ok'd it) had my last pre op testing today..whew!! nuff of that already.

Tests that have returned normal
CA125
Pap and Mammo

Doc says she feels it is just endo and sees no reason to think otherwise, her nurse practioner agreed during my pre ops, said she has seen lots of pix from laps and mine looked pretty reasurring.

So I am going to think positive....well at least for today.

Back to work tomorrow. Wearing baggy pants still from the Lap...as I popped my glue yesterday going to the pre op testing...ouch!!!!

Lots to look forward too:
NO MORE TAMPONS!!!!!!!! No more worrys about sitting on someones couch and having a accident.....no more planning my life around my period.....no more bloating (well after the int swelly belly goes away)

So Bonnie P lets wait it out together and maybe we can keep each others spirits high.....talking is my best way to feel better. I love to talk talk talk...lol....can you tell

So for today I shall think positive, say my prayers (the Good Lord must surely be sick of hearing from Me) and hope for the best.

hugs!!!!
Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register